Did Circuit City sell cameras?

hankejp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wondering if anyone knew if Circuit City sold camera's. Seeing that they're in a liquidation state, I thought a person might able to get a good deal.

Thanks

i bought my sony alpha there....about 2 weeks before they announced they were closing....i haven't gone back though

Our CC was one of the first ones to go. It wasn't until they got down to the 70% off level that they were less expensive than Amazon.

Their 'liquidation' starts with an immediate price hike back to MSRP, which virtually no one sells stuff at if they want to sell it at all.

Our CC was one of the first ones to go. It wasn't until they got down to the 70% off level that they were less expensive than Amazon.

Their 'liquidation' starts with an immediate price hike back to MSRP, which virtually no one sells stuff at if they want to sell it at all.

agreed....so hold out as long as you can on buying up their 'liquidation'

They do. when I went last week I saw the XSI for 740 with the kit lens...B&H - 650 lol

it's still too early to get the deals....wait a little bit more.

I'll have to check it out in a couple weeks. The closest CC is 1 1/2 hrs away. I'll be going to that city in a couple weeks to see what it looks like.

yeah it wasnt that good of a deal around here they raised the prices about 40% and discounted them like 30%

by the time things are at prices to really move...methinks the good stuff will be gone

you might be able to snatch up a couple DVDs or a VCR though :D

by the time things are at prices to really move...methinks the good stuff will be gone
That's what I think as well. The general public are suckers for buying just because something is listed for xx% off and never looking at what the original price is or what the "sale" price is over somewhere else.

My wife is a sucker for this. She wanted to buy perfume at a local store's grand opening and it was $40 after 40% off. I took her elsewhere and bought it for $35 regular price.

Ya alot of the prices still aren't competitive with online stores, but I have also heard some people coming out of their with EXCELLENT prices, like the guy who said he went there the other day and they were selling Canon 100mm 2.8 for I believe $318. On Amazon they are going for $480, so that was a steal. I'd say, go there now and check the prices, otherwise, you'll miss out on all the great deals. The only things that will be left when you go later will be the things with crappy prices.

Right now it's only 5-10% off of Camera equipment... It may go down later when they get closer to closing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back