Did I do this right?

imakefights

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
tree.jpg

Thats an interesting picture, I like it.The clouds behind the tree seems to give it a glow. May want to clone out the lamp on the right. Did you oversharpen to give it that affect?

No it is not cropped.

Yes, I did use an unsharp mask to get the cloud effect which is what I like most about the photo. You obviously know your photoshop. :wink:

Really cool idea to have the foreground, (the tree) boscure the background. I like how you view the whole scene through the tree. Its like framing only your framing individual parts between the branches. I will have to try that :)

spike5003 said:
Really cool idea to have the foreground, (the tree) boscure the background. I like how you view the whole scene through the tree. Its like framing only your framing individual parts between the branches. I will have to try that :)

I always try too figure out what it is in a picture I like. I agree with spike the other part I like in the picture is that it is an inverse of normal composition. The subject is up front and the lines leading or opening up to the subject are behind it for instance the curb and trees on the left and the lamp posts on the right open up to the tree through which the picture is viewed through. Don't know if that was planned, but ingenious in any case. Hope that makes sense :)

Would it be possible to remove the telephone pole on the right in Photoshop without looking too obvious? I made an 11 X 14 print of this photo and matted it. The telephone pole is a bit of a distraction. I have tried "cloning" it out. But, I am not very good at it. If someone is willing to try email me at [email protected] and I will email them the full version it is only about 850K

Thanks
Bobby[/list]

sorry, i have no cloning skill either, but i just wanted to say that although i love the shot of the tree, the telephone pole (more so the light in the top right) and even the speed limit sign, take away from the rest of the image for me.

not only that, but for some reason, the extra trees on the left side in the background kinda blend in with the main subject and it irks me.

the focus on the big tree is nice though and i also like the reflections in the pavement of the smaller trees on the right.

Ok, I got rid of the light on the right. Its just that pesky one on the left that I can't kill! Hit Refresh and the one on the right will leave.

Bobby

The telephone poll is a definate distraction. The way the tree however seems in front of the picture itself (that's sort of how I can describe the effect) is cool though. I think it might need to be rotated a little bit counter-clockwise too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back