Did I just lose a film vs digital discussion with my wife

JPI

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought I put forth a pretty good case as to why I wanted to go back to shooting film and she agreed with most all of it and that the stuff I shot was really shape & crisp and detailed enough were she could take a photo ( or two or three ) and combine different elements and do stuff like this with colored pencil
485655_01-1.jpg

^^ my father in laws dog taken in the cockpit of our boat while we were out sailing
Enlightenment.jpg

^^this was two different shots; a sunset and a pelican landing on a piling
jpgImage.jpg

^^ I don't even remember this one

But her issue was too many shots got buried away never to be seen again ( as in the cases above, she did those 10 yrs ago from pictures she found that I shot 15 yrs earlier.

Anywho, her thoughts are that I was stepping backwards ( almost like I said I was going back to cave painting or something ) and if I'm going to do it yet again then stay current.

A couple days past by and she asked again when I was going to pull the trigger and I told her it's a tough choice, what started out as an easy call for me just got complicated.

Last night she asked if she was still allowed to make decisions and I said of course, she said good and handed me a new D750 and said stop BS'n around and go shoot something.

So now I'm as confused as ever, did I really just loose?

she's right.
film is for hipsters, teenagers, and really old people who haven't embraced technology.

Yeah, I know she's right......guess I'll put away my dirt, charcoal and animal fat and step into the light

Nothing says you can't shoot both.

If you don't want the D750 I accept donations haha

she's right.
film is for hipsters, teenagers, and really old people who haven't embraced technology.

Hmmmm, can't seem to find the one-finger salute emoji... :345:

Quite frankly, I don't understand why her buying you a digital camera precludes your shooting film as well.

At the end of the day, do what you want, not what someone else thinks you should do.

Most definitely a keeper ... and I'm not talking about the camera!
:clap:

Yeah, I know she's right......guess I'll put away my dirt, charcoal and animal fat and step into the light
Do both -- digi-shoot something, then draw it.

And BTW, the wife is always right.

Always think of the good things,
Sounds like a happy ending ...

she's right.

Hmmmm, can't seem to find the one-finger salute emoji... :345:

Quite frankly, I don't understand why her buying you a digital camera precludes your shooting film as well.

At the end of the day, do what you want, not what someone else thinks you should do.
Nice art work btw.

I see it this way too. If it wasn't for getting that fujifilm, I would be shooting more film. Now I have both, and enjoying photography again. Additionally, I am getting ready to embark on two medium format film projects once the equipment arrives (Fujifilm GX680 III). Film is not dead in my world and have heard some ridicule towards my love for it... I don't care what people think.

When I decided to get back into this I knew I was going film and at first I debated going 35 or MF, decided I could do both, but would start by gear up with 35 based I what I would shoot most. The camera was a non issue for me, either F4s ( last 35 I owned ) or 5. I had a lead on a "mint" condition F5 and as it turned out the only thing mint about it was the color of some the contacts so I passed.

Then what seemed like weeks of procrastination and " I'm gonna's " on my part lead to the above conversation with my wife which was the short version.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited as hell about the 750 and I'm really looking forward to shooting the crap out of it and besides MF is still on the table, but first it's time to shoot and learn or shoot to learn as a lot of time has passed.

Most reactions

Back