Did I miss the focus?

If you want to count the manual-- 3
One is EOS 7D for dummies.. That is the one I saw the AF switch in. I thought to myself.. AF means auto focus, right Danielle?

But I feel.. Most of my knowledge.. and I do know it's limited, at best.. Comes from my calls to Canon.. They are most helpful.. and they have never laughed at me.

If I told you how many book I have for this camera-- You would laugh at me.

Well, I can sorta relate, I buy every damn photography magazine known to man... But I bought that book because its the first book I've ever seen on photography that doesn't bore you to death with the technical stuff... It pretty much says, here's a photo, here's how to shoot this type of photo, and why... Then it will list a few tips from the pro's on how to improve the shot further... Nice and simple, that's how I like it...

One is EOS 7D for dummies.. That is the one I saw the AF switch in. I thought to myself.. AF means auto focus, right Danielle?

But I feel.. Most of my knowledge.. and I do know it's limited, at best.. Comes from my calls to Canon.. They are most helpful.. and they have never laughed at me.

Do you have a direct line :lol:

I know a lot if these "funny" comments are meant sarcastically and I am not sure how Danielle takes them, but if I were her I'd probably be a little pissed off that people were laughing at me when I was seriously looking for help.

Just my $0.02 ;)

3 books. Okay. You may need more. :)

BTW, for the AF point for 7D, take a look at this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUBaxzJ803o]YouTube - Canon EOS 7D - Automatic AF Point Selection 1/16[/ame]

^gsgary, thanks for posting those videos. I learned some interesting stuff about the Canon autofocus system (even though mine is only a 9-point).

For those following me..

I think I am getting it.. But the only way to tell is to post. I will post later tonight.. be kind.

Ok- To use all the 19 points, you need to press the zoom button when focussing- the button that you use to zoom in to the pictures you've already taken. After that you select which point you want to use with the direction keys, and press the shutter button to click.
To activate all 19 of them, I think you need to press the zoom button or something over the center red point. And all will become active. However, note that not all 19 in most situations will find a focus point, and you might get 7-8 to focus. :)

Most reactions

Back