Did you ever think that

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by mysteryscribe, Jun 11, 2007.

1. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Maybe you should just donate your equipment to the local community college, have a yard sale or load ebay up. This just might be a stupid hobby/ business for a grown man.

I have been trying to decide if I really need a high resolution scanner. Finally I decided, yeah I need one. I just am not going to be able to use low res files. SO...

I go on line and do my homework. Now I'm not going to be making images for the Paris Hilton bunch so even though I'm looking for a high res not one that isn't reasonably priced. I'm also not going to be in any big hurry to get things done, so I don't mind scanning half a dozen at a time. So I decide on the $189.99 7200 scanner. I have their flatbed and its cool. I have a very old minolta that is a pain in the butt, one frame at time and then take out the holder ect.

Okay so I go to order it yesterday. Everything is cool till they get to the last key stroke... then they toss in a $15 shipping fee. Now I said, not just no, but hell no as I cancelled the order. Now I'm thinking I don't even need the damn thing.

Of course I tell my wife and she says the obvious, you are not going to buy a 200 dollar scanner for a 15 shilpping fee. I didn't bother to explain that the scanner was only 189.. She had made her point but I was adament. aka hard headed and angry.

So today I made some quick print tests and decided Yeah I need the scanner. So low and behold I find the scanner, no shipping, for the same price.. Different seller. I go all the way through the sale to the bitter end and they accept pay pal how wonderful. I can sneak it out of my bank rather than have to see it on the credit card statement. I am making the very last clicks to pay for it and ......... you guessed it .... No not a shipping charge even better....I can't rememeber my paypal password.... Now the order is in limbo since it shows that I have paid but paypal says not you haven't.... I have a email to customer service in at this time to try to get it all straight.

But I really think it is an omen, I need to make a donation of the cameras and take up knitting.

2. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Oh stop it! You're silly. :)
    Get the scanner and have fun with it... Woudl Austin have let Max throw out all of his camera stuff? :lol:

3. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    NO i think she sold it to buy gasoline.

4. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    HAA HAA HAA!

5. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I just knew that story was going to come back to haunt me now I know you ARE the one lol.

6. Stretch Armstrong

Stretch Armstrong TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well, mystery, I would hope you would give first dibs to your buddies here on TPF with regards to purchasing your equipment. :wink:

Seriously, you know you aren't going anywhere. I, too, have had lapses in memory regarding user ids and passwords. I think it is a conspiracy to make me feel old. The truth is I have so many different accounts that I get confused.

With regards to purchasing on line, you can get great deals but you can find a lot of merchants that don't deal on the level. It is frustrating.

Count to 10. Tomorrow is another day.

7. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    it's nothing to do with being old... unless you thing 28 is old because I can't ever rememebr sh*t!

And Mysteryscribe - I hope you don't think I was mocking your story. I liked it! I was only teasing.;)

8. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    NOt mocking at all... Just knew that one day some woman would see through me... and You seem to be the one... You and my wife of course...

Everyone knew I would buy the damn thing that's what is so funny. The women in my life seem to have my number but I did last an hour this time before I went back and reordered it. Sometimes I just kick the wall curse a bit then go right back and but it.

Ps Austin is about courtly love... now you can look that up.

9. Seefutlung

Seefutlung TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Perhaps a sacrificial rite ... a goat ... a virgin, (but definately don't combine the two ... ala chaste goat or ugly virgin ... the Gods will frown), may change your karma.

10. Rusty_Tripod

Rusty_Tripod TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes. Been there. Done that. I know the routine by heart with the same occasional brain freeze such forgetting passwords or account information.
    Forgive yourself and enjoy any new equipment that arrives at your doorstep.

Rusty Tripod

11. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    ;) No need to look it up. I once did a paper in sociology about polygamy, a fascinating topic to me. I had to do research on different types of love and relationships and whatnot I came across come other things. :)

12. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Then you and I are probably the only ones who dont have to look it up...