did you know about this?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by panocho, May 30, 2007.

1. panocho

panocho TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
  2. Kent Frost

Kent Frost TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I did, but there's no point to the camera. It's a wannabe TLR. I say "wannabe" because whether or not it's TLR, you can get a P/S camera that shows you the picture when you take it that has a LOT more resolution than that (2MP).

3. Don Simon

Don Simon TPF Noob!

I've seen them before, not in red though. I'm going to take a guess and suggest it's not intended to compete with the Powershot or Coolpix type cameras, it's for people who like Rolleis or just want something that looks a bit different. (note the description... "Beside being a fully functional digital camera, the Rolleiflex MiniDigi with its many traditional, nostalgic elements of styling, will quickly become one of your prized fashion accessories." There might not be much point to making it a TLR, but then there's not a lot of point to half the stuff every manufacturer puts in their p&s now ;)

4. tr0gd0o0r

tr0gd0o0r TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I gotta say I really like the idea, though the sensor could definitely be improved. I, for one, find it much easier to interact with people and keep them comfortable during portraiture with a tlr.

5. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    If you can get a tlr with about a 120mm lens it is a heck of a portrait camera. you never lose sight of the subject and you dont have to be right up on them. With the eight unfortunately you have to be in their face.

6. Guys, this thing is tiny. It's 4 inches tall or something. It's a novelty camera.

Here's the official link:

Rolleiflex MiniDigi

7. Don Simon

Don Simon TPF Noob!

What, you mean there's no practical benefit to having to wind a "film advance" lever on a digital camera? :lol:

8. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    aw... my reply in this thread was lost during the last lights out....

Anyways.... I've been told the minatures from Minox (they do exist.. believe it or not) are pretty good as P&S:

http://www.minox.com/index.php?id=19&L=1

I've been tempted by the mini-leica M3 for years...... :)

bling bling...

http://www.minox.com/index.php?id=651&L=1

oh yeh.. they even have something for us who still love film:

http://www.minox.com/index.php?id=1070&L=1

Off topic... is just me or every camera manufacturer tried to do the gold thing at one time or another?... Leica, Pentax, Nikon, and Minox... Pretty darn gaudy...

9. Yeah, the gold thing is super-yucky... they don't even use it for the conductive quality... just purely for aesthetic reasons. Yikes!

10. LOL, right. But hey, the Epson R-D1 had one, and a lot of people loved it. I haven't had a chance to shoot with one, but ask usayit.