Difference between the XT and the 30D

I was thinking about that but I like shoothing landscapes and 28mm is almost not wide anough on my 35mm so I want the 18mm. I was also thinking of getting the XTi with a prime or maybe saving up a little more and getting the 30D body but to me the XT feels fine.
I bought my XTi refurbished for 400 US dollars, I've had it for several months now and it works perfectly. A little bit of the hand grip has rubbed away, but I'm not exactly worried about that.

If you're looking at 1000 dollars for the XTi, you're shopping in the wrong place :p

As far as I knew the XT was considerably lower than 700 dollars as well.

But I'm only refering to the body, arey ou talking about Kit prices?

Yea that this kits and I live in Canada as well.
I ordered mine from Adorama, you can probably find some other refurbished kits there if you look. The duty was about 80 bucks, but I still ended up saving over 300 dollars

How much does that usualy go for? I have a max limit of $1,000 canadian and I'm not able to push it unless I wait almost 2 months and I don't currently own a Digital cus I gave my old one to my mom and I can't really say give it back. Also I'm leaving to go to BC this sunday (2 days) and I would really like to pick up a camera on the way or while im there since I'll have a lot of nice photography opertuneties while im there.

Oh, never mind. I don't know the canadian dollar but I know that its more than the $300 canadian you'll have left after getting the camera.

A lot of people are saying that XT apperture change is difficult. I've not used an XT ... But I L O V E My XTi and shoot in Av . Just move the thumb dial... So I assume that is one thing that they changed...

A lot of people are saying that XT apperture change is difficult. I've not used an XT ... But I L O V E My XTi and shoot in Av . Just move the thumb dial... So I assume that is one thing that they changed...
No.. that's the same as the XT, when shooting in Av mode. It's only awkward when shooting in full manual, and as far as I know it's the exact same on the XTi.

The wheel changes shutter speed, and the Av+/- button in combination with the wheel changes aperture. When in Manual mode only.

Gotcha... I have to admit to being lazy. I nearly always shoot in Av or Tv. If I a doing "Macro" Shoots then I will use manual but not for the run of the mill stuff, It's just too much damn trouble for the rewards (IMHO)

I shoot Av and Tv pretty often as well, I don't really use Manual all that often, more when I'm just goofing off trying something new..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back