Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Guys, long time no see. ;-)

I'm having a biiiiiiig problem that I can't sort out with my photoshop software.
I just installed PS CS2 on my new computer (actually it's a friend's computer which is a lot more powerful than my little laptop). I tried to open a photo and it looked all funny.

When I looked at the photo in the normal Windows picture and fax viewer it looked fine - ie colours just like when I took the photo. But then when I opened it up in photoshop the colours went a lot redder. Thought it was just my eyes playing tricks so I opened both windows up next to each other - and a very noticeable red colour in the PS version. Weird!

Do you think this has something to do with Service Pack 2 not being installed? It's not on this computer and as I was installing PS CS2 a little warning came up saying SP2 should be installed.... but I said install anyway.

Any help would be appreciated.... matt? hehehe.

Jpegs... I haven't tried any other file types.

Last time I had a colour problem similar to this, there was a problem with my colour profiles - it kept reverting to something else. But I have no ideal how these colour profiles work and can't remember what I did last time.

are you in RGB mode?..... check what colour space your using. ;)

There's also AdobeRGB and sRGB. What are your color options set to? If you have untagged images automatically open in AdobeRGB, you may get funny colors when you open a JPG, which are in sRGB. If you have AdobeRGB as your default colorspace (which I recommend, unless all you do is JPG), or your camera shoots in AdobeRGB, make sure you convert to sRGB before you save as a JPG.

I've set my camera to shoot in sRGB since I've had it. Where would I find the option to change this sort of setting in PS?

Tiberius said:
Why's that?
It really depends on the output of your images, but most modern inkjet printers will make better use of the extra colors in the Adobe RGB color space. It's too bad that JPGs don't use it, as monitors also use the extra colors. If you mainly just print at Walmart and the like, then sticking with sRGB is probably a better choice.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/sRGB-AdobeRGB1998.htm

Most reactions

Back