Diffusers, what do you use

Indoors, one of these: Paul C. Buff - White Lightning X3200 Atop one of these: Paul C. Buff - 13-foot Heavy Duty Light Stand with one of these attached in a horizontal position slightly angled down Profoto 505-708 Softbox with Removable Recessed Front - 254535 will fill most churches or reception halls with the light you need.

I think we have moved from the casual £20-30 reality of wedding casual portraits to way OTT studio here.

When I started following wedding photography I was surprised how many were using monolights at receptions and formals.

Indoors, one of these: Paul C. Buff - White Lightning X3200 Atop one of these: Paul C. Buff - 13-foot Heavy Duty Light Stand with one of these attached in a horizontal position slightly angled down Profoto 505-708 Softbox with Removable Recessed Front - 254535 will fill most churches or reception halls with the light you need.

I think we have moved from the casual £20-30 reality of wedding casual portraits to way OTT studio here.

When I started following wedding photography I was surprised how many were using monolights at receptions and formals.

Think about the nature of wedding photography. It's a once in a lifetime moment that can only be captured at that moment. There are no mulligans, no do overs, no "All Ye all ye in come free." Photography is about understanding and using light. If you can fill the area you need easily and quickly with light you know and know how to use, the job gets a whole lot easier. It's not "OTT studio," it's about using the right tool for the right job.

That's why monolights are quite useful when shooting weddings, receptions etc. You don't have to spend so much time worrying about your light source.

If I think I need a diffuser outside, what I'm probably realizing is that I need a softbox. In that case I use a speedlight softbox attached to a monopod, with a breathing light stand holding it. Works wonders for soft outdoor lighting.

with a breathing light stand holding it. Works wonders for soft outdoor lighting.
:lol: Don't forget voice activated. :D

well, most of the time they're voice activated. It usually depends on if I watched 'the voice' with her the night before or some such nonsense.

Most reactions

Back