Digi-Cam LCD to Computer Monitor

rp1600

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is more of an equipment question but since I'm referring specifically to portrait i figured I'd ask here.

Rather than having to rely on the small LCD screen / histogram on the back of my Canon dig when shooting, is it possible to somehow connect the camera directly to a computer monitor positioned nearby. this would allow me to see a larger image and have a better idea of not only lighting but also focus issues.

My camera came with software that would allow me to do this...did yours?

rp1600 said:
This is more of an equipment question but since I'm referring specifically to portrait i figured I'd ask here.

Rather than having to rely on the small LCD screen / histogram on the back of my Canon dig when shooting, is it possible to somehow connect the camera directly to a computer monitor positioned nearby. this would allow me to see a larger image and have a better idea of not only lighting but also focus issues.

In the software supplied with your camera there is a program called remote capture, Which will not only display the image on your camera, It will also let you change ISO, Quality settings ....etc. Unless you've got a 10d or a d30 (not 30d) then I'm not entirely sure.

I'm talking about during the actual shooting .. i.e. PC cord running to flash and another cable running to monitor.

rp1600 said:
I'm talking about during the actual shooting .. i.e. PC cord running to flash and another cable running to monitor.

It might work with the video out cable running to a TV or monitor with that jack....I don't know if you can still shoot like that though.
With the Remote Capture software...you just hook the camera to the computer via the USB cable.

I came the software on line .. well several diferent companies make it but canon also has proprietary. I bring this up because last night tried studio lights for the first time . just playing around but noticed some where a bit soft. Image looked sharp on the LCD but then again we're talking older eyes here.

thanks for the input guys.

Most reactions

Back