Digital Camera Turns 30.

Now that's interesting. When I was studying an engineering technology (introdcution) paper months ago, Kodak was mentioned to have been a victim of technology shift from film to digital because they were entirely unprepared for it, just like how Swiss Watches were overtaken by digital watches. Yet their engineer was the person who started the tech. Looks like they were prepared for it after all.

Looks like my proffessor has some serious research to do :)

Well even the guy who was creating the technology didn't realise how big it was going to become. I mean none of the technology existed at all... they had to invent it all... so maybe kodak were really taken unawares by it. I doubt it though. The change would have, and has happened pretty quickly but you're right... they were the ones to invent it (well in the commercial civil market at least... I can imagine the military or nasa would've come up with something with space exploration and all that).

hehe well I've contradicted myself 100 times so I'll be going now. :blushing:

actually some of the military combat photographers in vietnam had a version of a digital camera that put photos on a floppy disk.

Kodak use to make a digital back for film cameras. You would remove the normal camera back and install the Kodak back that had the CCD and memory card. Ive seen these on Nikon N90s and Canon EOS 1. These are from at least 10 years ago. They were difinitely intended for pros, but as we all know all the pro stuff eventually trickles down to the rest of us. Kodak has definitley been apart of the whole digital camera age. They knew film would eventually die, there was nothing they could do about that. I believe all that the other film companies have the same problem. We always here about Kokak being caught off guard, but what about agfa, ilford, and fuji.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back