Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today in the park.

camera: Canon 20D
lens: Sigma 28-50 f/2.8
flash: 550EX set to ETTL
polarizing filter
ISO 100
I kept shutter speed at 1/250th, and adjusted aperture between f/2.8 and f/5.6 depending on how much bright background was in the pic. After I took these I read about the high speed flash sync; that's what I really needed.

0082mjn05182005.jpg

0088mjn05182005.jpg

0097mjn05182005.jpg

Wow...not used to seeing her in color. ;)

cool, nice to see you playin' around with your new toy but please do me a favour, your b&w prints are so great (recieved them on tuesday), never stop shootin' b&w, you're an icon of traditional photography (I know, some customers want their stuff digital).

santino said:
never stop shootin' b&w

I've spent way too much money on film cameras. My wife would kill me if I stopped using them. ;)

Here's a BW from the color shot above because I couldn't resist.

0082mjn05182005bw.jpg

Poor Matt. I wonder if he understand how hard we are trying not to recoil. ;)

She sure had the perfect dress on to show off the color! Your exposures look spot on to me; not sure what else you hope to get with the high speed flash sync. ?

She's a beautiful child. I love #2. The colors look great. A digi-day in the park. yadda yadda yadda. I can't say "wow" here..... :mrgreen:

:lol:

#1 is neat! It is my first time seeing her in color! :)

terri said:
A digi-day in the park. yadda yadda yadda. I can't say "wow" here..... :mrgreen:

:lol:

Come on Terri, give it up! Don't be hatin! :p

These shots do indeed have great color. What's your review of the 20D? Do you like it? Are you having any fun? :p

Digital Matt said:
What's your review of the 20D? Do you like it? Are you having any fun? :p

My rig consists of the 20D, 18-50mm f/2.8 Sigma, 550EX flash, Sto-Fen thingee, the vert grip, cable release, and an 85mm f/1.8 Canon is arriving on Monday.

There was a glitch when I attached the battery grip, and I couldn't get the rear screen to come on. Since I've fixed that it's been a lot of fun. Not Widelux fun, but pretty fun. ;)

It's been a while since I've used a camera with a third of the features of this beast. All the buttons are sort of intimidating, but I'm starting to figure them out. This camera has the most sophisticated metering and program features of any camera I've ever owned. I've never been very impressed with what I previously considered sophisticated (TTL and such), but the 20D with the 550EX has impressed me. It does a pretty good job by itself, and with the instant review, the histogram, and all the fancy smancy features, adjustments are easy to make.

I haven't had any prints made so far. Playing with the best jpgs I think I'll be very happy with 8"x12" prints, which is all I wanted. I'll admit that it probably is as good as color 35mm film for many applications. Fantastic glass, on a tripod, and developed precisely I still think that 35mm would win vs 8mp, but for any hand held shooting it's close enough for me. It has a smoothness that is similar to the grainlessness of medium and large format film, but the resolution isn't near medium format. I'll keep dragging out the big film cameras for landscape, but this camera is going to be a lot of fun to use at weddings and event photography.

High dollar accessories have been a killer. It's already cost me more than twice what I was originally deluding myself it would cost. $60 for the AC power cord!? Come on Canon, that's at most a $9 cord from Radio Shack. ;)

I'm trying to figure out exposure and using the histogram (I love that!). Right now I'm just shooting jpegs. Once I get all the buttons figured out I'll tackle RAW. It's been a long time since I got freaky with color.

0042cocknoose05172005.jpg

ksmattfish said:
It's already cost me more than twice what I was originally deluding myself it would cost.

Welcome to the dark side :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back