Digital Film Cartridge?

C'mon, all ya need is a ComeFundMyIndie-Go!Go!

Well those do actually work for some things, but somebody might have to go win the lottery for this one.

Yeah, how about an invention that lets us shoot film in a digital camera?
Try the film shelves at any good brick and mortar photography store. They have lots to choose from. Cheaper than a device to turn a digital camera into a film camera.

Last edited:
I wonder if efilm will come in black & white.......

You would be better off with an Epson RD1 , Voigtlander RF with Nikon D70 sensor you have to cock the shutter every shot and it produces wonderful B+W

If someone did make it there would be those that would want it in a 110 cartridge for the camera they had 30 years ago.
110-cassette.jpg

Of course the Polaroid people would want it for their old Polaroid.

And let's not forget the Minox users.
Minox_IIIs_with_film.jpg

After all fair is fair.

If someone did make it there would be those that would want it in a 110 cartridge for the camera they had 30 years ago.
110-cassette.jpg

View attachment 118665

After all fair is fair.

I'd want one for my 4x5...........

New%20Goodies%2007.jpg

After all, fair IS fair!

110-cassette.jpg

View attachment 118665

After all fair is fair.

I'd want one for my 4x5...........

New%20Goodies%2007.jpg

After all, fair IS fair!
You are correct, after all fair is fair, they should come for all makes and models of camera.
Giant-Cameras.jpg

A new sensor with every shot. Doesn't film do that?

A new sensor with every shot. Doesn't film do that?

Usually only with roll film. And not always.

Sheet film? Well, you're on your own with that.

If only they made a 4x5 sensor. You'd have to do your post work on an 80" monitor. :icon_eek:
Mega Full Frame. Then again those terabit SD cards do get kinda pricey.

Does a digital film cartridge exist, wherein a digital cartridge can be dropped into a film camera that uses a 35mm film? I've heard of one that had its project folded back in the late 1990's ("silicon film" or "efilm"). There's apparently another modern iteration of it, but I can't find much more about it. Does anyone know more about this?

Thanks in advance!

Maybe possible to create a camera that scans the film as it passes onto the take up spool

:D (Is it April 1st yet?)

Well, in the mean time, I guess the next best thing is to use a film to digital file converter.

But that's a separate unit existing outside the film camera.

Most reactions

Back