Digital Fun(56k warning)

Picksure

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Not many new pics of late, so I have been playing around with Paint Shop Pro. Mostly to learn how to use the tools, and put to use what has been learned on this forum. Borders, colour adjustment, b&w conversion etc.....
42136c0f.jpg

0f6206c3.jpg

2c985652.jpg

eacb0aa3.jpg

d231d9d3.jpg

If you see anything you have done in the past or suggested to myself or others I thank-you. I have learned much in a short time here. :thumbup: Thanks for lookin'.

I think all are great. Nice job. If I were to pick a fav, I think I would go with number...3

I actually really like numbers 1 and 4!!! Looks like your practicing paid off :) Great job!!!

If only I spent the time required on learning how to deal with the post processing programmes, I might also learn one or the other new technique...

I think you are doing great on your new-found post processing techniques and I am particularly fascinated by the bridges. You have to look at that photo for longer to understand it - and not that I could say I have...

Thanks, guys/gals.

LaFoto said:
I think you are doing great on your new-found post processing techniques and I am particularly fascinated by the bridges. You have to look at that photo for longer to understand it - and not that I could say I have...
LaFoto, the "top" bridge is the International Bridge for commuter traffic and the "lower" is a swing bridge for rail traffic. They join Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada to "Soo" Michigan, USA. Both bridges cross the canel or locks in the St. Marys River, that joins Lake Superior to the lower Great Lakes.

Thanks for lookin'

I like #4. It is a very interesting picture and I know the location. :) When did you take #2 (the duck), don't see any grass like that around here these days....

Here I am, still wondering about Photo 4. I do understand the concept of the bridges now (had understood that before, mind), but am still wondering why parts of this photo look negative, while others look positive?
What did you do to it after all?
And is it "only" the snow that gives this effect?
In short:
this photo fascinates me to no end!

surfingfireman said:
I like #4. It is a very interesting picture and I know the location. :) When did you take #2 (the duck), don't see any grass like that around here these days....
I have a habit of keeping all my shots. The duck was taken early last summer, when I got my new camera. The pic was over exposed, and looked like crap. I thought it was a good project for PSP and it worked out well.

LaFoto said:
Here I am, still wondering about Photo 4. I do understand the concept of the bridges now (had understood that before, mind), but am still wondering why parts of this photo look negative, while others look positive?
What did you do to it after all?
And is it "only" the snow that gives this effect?
In short:
this photo fascinates me to no end!
Sorry, I missunderstod :blushing: .
Jadin had started a "negative" theme and I got hooked on it :D .
First I hit solarize, and then negative image. Darked with the gamma tool and just loved the way it came out. Yes the snow works well with this "method"

Thanks very much, everyone.

Most reactions

Back