Digital Images in Darkroom...

Discussion in 'The Darkroom' started by ram0135, Mar 29, 2005.

1. ram0135

ram0135 TPF Noob!

Hello All,

First off I want to say HELLO :sexywink: ! to everyone.

Okay so here is what I want to do... I have tons of digital pictures (wait please keep reading its not exactly your typical digital question) and I would like to possibly print them in the darkroom. I have transperencies and what I want to do is get the exact measurements of a negative strip (the frame size, length and width) then create a template in Photoshop and import my images onto that template. Then I would inverse the pictures to be negatives and not positves on the sheet and print them on the transperent paper. In theory I could then print them in the darkroom as the same basics apply. Would this be at all possible? Any comments/suggestions/ideas are very much welcome.

Thanks,
    Ram0135

2. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

Sure you could do something like that, but I don't see why you would need to make them the size of a negative. You could just do a contact print from a full size transparency.

3. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

I think some pro labs may have printers that output to film for making prints. Don't know much about it other than it's HQ - and I heard about it some years back. Probably expensive but may be worth checking out.

4. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yeah, there are devices that will expose a digital file onto 120/220 size film.

If you are making the transparencies yourself I second Orie, make them full size and do contact prints.

5. omalley

omalley TPF Noob!

My question is, why not just take film in the first place? If you already have processing equipment, I can't see what the advantage would be of doing it this way. Are you going for a particular look?

6. ram0135

ram0135 TPF Noob!

Yes I am going for a particular artistic effect, of printing digital images which may look weird or altered and printing them.

7. jbnhl

jbnhl TPF Noob!

I wonder if youd lose any of the elements of the photo through all of the translations from digital to darkroom.