Digital Newcomer's HDR

Dradd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Guys,
Being fairly new to this digital age of photography, Im exploring a few of the things possible...i.e. HDR and Photoshop etc...

If you fine Gentlemen (and Gentleladies) could look over these two HDR's I whipped together, and let me know if im on the right track.

This one was 5 seperate RAW's, from +2 to -1 merged into one
2412555324_609fbb7ec6_b.jpg

and this one was One Raw, then processed into 5 TIFF's with different exposures.
2412555318_edd5930fdf_b.jpg

The first one looks better right, is this the case with most proper (i.e. different RAW's) HDR's? or just my bad.

Also, If anyone wanted to browse over my flickr page and give me a few ideas on what I am doing wrong (or right as the case may be :p) any constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated :D

http://flickr.com/photos/dradd/

Thanks!

Top shot is awesome, looks so so 3d. Thought it looked like New Zealand and then saw Foxton pics lol - I'm in Wellywood! Bottom shots nice, but lacks the interest of the top shot.

hey hey, a fellow new zealander... awesome.

Yeah, the second one was pretty much just turning 90 degrees from the first shot... figured I may aswell snap a full 360 while I was there.

Cheers for having a look :D

those shots are awesome.

ok I am a n00b of course, but what is HDR?

thx :)

Geez, that first one almost puts me there. Awesome.

I love the first one.. Heh, usually when someone mentions being new and something about HDR.. its FAR from the results you came up with.

Just wondering, what program did you use?

My only problem with the 2nd one is that sign.. Looks like it was almost pasted on there.

I would also like to know what program you used. They are very spectacular shots.

I used Photomatrix Pro for the to merge HDR and then touched up the shot in Photoshop CS3.

Yeah, The I wasn't as happy with the 2nd shot, but I figured I may aswell include my first couple of efforts.
I jjust thought it was funny, the sign warning of Traffic on a little gravel road in the middle of nowhere.

Here's a re-tonemapped version, The ground is brighter, but the sky more dull... I couldn't decide which one I liked better.
2412416261_7ceed334f3_b.jpg

Cheers for the response's everyone :D

They are all really good, but I like the last one, it is bright scenery.

I wish ithey were directly of the camera.

Yea, but.. Bright Scenery and Dark Skies generally don't happen.. Heh.

Umm... well yeah you right here. But hey, you can't rule out the used of flash to illuminate that hills you know :lol:.

Umm... well yeah you right here. But hey, you can't rule out the used of flash to illuminate that hills you know :lol:.

lmao.. hah, that cracked me up pretty good. He just happens to drive a semi, who's trailer is just a massive flash.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back