Digital Newcomer's HDR

Yet another version... A much heavier HDR... better, or is subtle preferable... opinions?

2418627022_6f9923e093_b.jpg

I like your shots they're real neat! Thought it was Nz from the moment I saw them. I'm from scotland but am married to a Kiwi, will be joining you down in Nz in July:)(wife has finally had enough of the Scottish weather). Moving to Hawkes bay! Nice!!

I also go for the first one, it looks great. The last one just has too much contrast in it.
I went to NZ last year, was the greatest trip ever. Hope to go there again some day, but that will take a while.

I tried to dial down the contrast a bit... because i am quite partial to a heavier HDR.

2417907553_a61bdf978a.jpg

@EastW77... You'll be ariving here in the middle of winter, that can't be too far different from scottish weather (not that I'd know what scottish weather is actually like, mere conjecture :p)

@EastW77... You'll be ariving here in the middle of winter, that can't be too far different from scottish weather (not that I'd know what scottish weather is actually like, mere conjecture :p)

Ha Ha Ha! I've been down to Nz several times now (7 I think) at all times of the year. TRUST ME! your winter is just about as good as our summer!!;)

the second post of your first shot is the best imo, backing off the tonemapping produced a more realistic result but still with a good amount of depth. The more you play with photomatix the better...you'll get over the extreme end pretty quickly :).

I personally like the first one the most

The last one looks too 'fake'

I prefer the first post. the second one is a bit too bright. The other one captures a lot of the landscape I find.

No no no no. The first was by far the best because it was HDR and yet not garish. With respect, this latest one looks like it's from a video game, and is really hard to look at. Your first inclination on how to do this was best.

Cheers for the input everyone, I guess the general concensus is subtle is better.

But trying out different things is all part of the learning process... nothing ventured, nothing gained, right :D

The first one is clearly the best IMO, the recent "dramatic" ones you've posted are waaay over done.

I tried to dial down the contrast a bit... because i am quite partial to a heavier HDR.

2417907553_a61bdf978a.jpg

This one is too much where the almost natural look from the first go is end up dissappeared. Yeah aggree with other people views this one looks like the scenery from the games or digital movies. It's good though don't get me wrong, but I still like the 3rd.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back