Digital Rebel

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Looks like I'm about to invade the digital word, and purchase myself a digital rebel!!! WAhooo, anyway, I getting the camera from one store, a lens from another, and the memory card it takes from ebay. But the question is what kind of memory card should I get? For instance would this one work: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48526&item=3874262382&rd=1

Are there certain types and brands that are better...I figured for my purpses right now 1 gig would be plenty...any help and tips would be great!!! I know I'll probably be bombarding you all with questions as soon as it arrives!!! Thanks in advance :)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd get either Sandisk or Lexar.

Using the Adorama link below lets you support TPF.

Thanks for the info :)

I thought of another question too...I just tried to order the Digital Rebel, but unfortunately the place was closed even though they say they're open until 9 PM :( But I guess it's a good thing, because I wanted to see if anyone knows about the company: www.a&mphotoworld.com The price on the web is different than the magazine where it says the Rebel body is only $404, there's also a few places that sell them for $414 including Digital Liquidators: www.digitalliquidators.com and VIP Camera...does anyone know if these places are legit. The prices are insanely low...but the Popular Photography magazine gives its approval to Digital Liquidators, but I'm not sure about the others. I'll try and look them up on Better Business Bureau site, but any info would be greatly appreciated :)

eromallagadnama said:
Thanks for the info :)

I thought of another question too...I just tried to order the Digital Rebel, but unfortunately the place was closed even though they say they're open until 9 PM :( But I guess it's a good thing, because I wanted to see if anyone knows about the company: www.a&mphotoworld.com The price on the web is different than the magazine where it says the Rebel body is only $404, there's also a few places that sell them for $414 including Digital Liquidators: www.digitalliquidators.com and VIP Camera...does anyone know if these places are legit. The prices are insanely low...but the Popular Photography magazine gives its approval to Digital Liquidators, but I'm not sure about the others. I'll try and look them up on Better Business Bureau site, but any info would be greatly appreciated :)
Stay the hell away from those places.

buy it from www.bhphotovideo.com
www.adorama.com or something similar.

You'll pay more, but you'll get the camera.

For the memory cards... stick with lexar or sandisk.

Cheers

I've looked up two of the three places I listed on BBB and they had tons of problems...but VIP Camera wasn't listed. So are all places that sell these items so cheap a big rip off???

VIP is a big scam too!!! This sucks big time!!! I should have known that they couldn't possibly be that cheap, but at least I found out before I tried to buy like loads of others did.

Are places that sell for around $600 legit???

CRIPES!!! All these places are con artists!!! I'm just glad that I've researched a bit before buying b/c people all over the internet have had horrible problems with all these companies!!! Even the $600 ones are a rip off!!! Guess you can't trust folks anymore these days. I'm really ticked, and right now I'm headed for EBay!!! Hopefully I'll find my answer there!!! Thanks for reading my venting :lol:

B&H photo/video and Willoughby's are both $780us, but I havent seen the $800 ones with the $100 rebate, and thats with out a kit lens.

You can get used for around $600 though.

*goes off to amazon to see the one they got*.

I wonder why the black ones are more expensive, its just black.

hmmm, i just went and checked and I think that canon rebate is over.... sorry :(
so i guess it's 799 from amazon.com now (body only).

sorry about that.

Ebay has some decent prices, I'm thinking it all over. I guess right now I'm just mad that people would do such a thing, and that the magazine companies would support them and place ads in them. B&H has a few used as well. Big Mike posted something about a convention and the release of a new camera and thought that the rebels would go down...maybe I'll have to wait another 2 weeks and see what happens with that...I've only been waiting a few months, what's another two weeks right....ahhh who am I kiddin I want it bad!!!

Oh and it is weird that the black ones are more expensive but IMO they look more professional :) But not for that much more :lol:

Nytmair said:
hmmm, i just went and checked and I think that canon rebate is over.... sorry :(
so i guess it's 799 from amazon.com now (body only).

sorry about that.

No problem, it's only been disappointment today for me anyhow, one more thing won't push me over the edge :lol: Thanks for everyone's help though!!! I really do appreciate it!!!

And abosorb more heat from the sun, nice feature. :0)

Also ive recently heart that the ccd heats up more if you use higher iso's, and the longer your exposure, the more it heats up, and put both together, its not good for ccd's. I wonder how true this is.

I went to amazon's website, seen it for $800us with a lense, but didnt see any mention of a rebate. If you sign up with thier visa, you can get $30 off as well. I wonder if I should get a 3rd visa? hehe. Maybe you see the rebate in the checkout area? That or your thinking of the d70? Im pretty sure it has a $100 rebate.

Most reactions

Back