Digital Rebel

Thier the same thing. I think the 300d is the name for it over in europe.

Amanda, just wait a few more weeks, or a month, and keep saving. You'll want as much cash as possible so you can get a decent lens or two. Yes, Ebay may have some "cheap prices", but most of what you see there is used, so bare that in mind. The Rebel's shutter is only rated to 10K actuations. I shot at least that many or more in less than a year with mine. It's still working fine, but you never know when the shutter will die and cost you several hundred to get repaired. If you buy it new you can take out a warranty and it will last you a good few years. Digital SLR is a big investment, a lot more than just the price of the camera, and probably more than you realize.

I always check www.newegg.com for flash memory, and they usually have 1 gig cards for around $65-70. You don't have to get a fast CF card for the Rebel. The 4x cards are fast enough for its' slow, small buffer.

I'd also advise you to buy an extra battery. Good luck and let us know what you decide to do. :D

Thanks Matt!!! I finally got the amount of money for one, and it's burning a HUGE hole in my pocket to buy the camera :lol: But after checking ebay today, and hearing that there's a chance price could go down I've decided to wait it out. Hopefully it will only take a few weeks, a whole month just might kill me :lol: At least I know that it's in the near future and not an impossibility like a few months ago :)

If the next rebel gonna have the same issues as 20D... I'd pass.

IMO Drebel is a good camera and the thing about it is that it's reliable... no glitches or anything.

tell me about scammers - they're just as prevalent over on ebay too! I think ebay is doing something about it with hunting them down and giving you reporting resources. Amazon - forget it - blatant robbers they're hosting there. I've been hunting an XL1 and when I lost the first bidding - the supposed person who was auctioning it emailed me and said they had problems with the winner and said I won it through the cancellation - sure just send the money via western union (although the ebay page said paypal). Every auction from there - the same thing - multiple people emailing me and saying "you still interested" "send the money here" - filthy rotten dirty stinking thieves. It's where you have to pay the extra just not to get scammed.

resource for all the cheap camera shops:
www.resellerratings.com

DocFrankenstein said:
If the next rebel gonna have the same issues as 20D... I'd pass.

IMO Drebel is a good camera and the thing about it is that it's reliable... no glitches or anything.

What 20D issues do mean? I have never heard that is has any more/less issues than either the Digital Rebel or 10D.

mr.tyler said:
is www.amphotoworld.com a good place to buy from, they got good prices

NO STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!! I researched before buying but after posting and its a scam, and so is all the other places that sell dirt cheap!!! Even the places that sell for 600 are scams!!! Check the link raider posted and type in the company name and you'll see what I mean!!!

Most reactions

Back