Digital slides

ahelg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just found a website on the internet which converts digital images to slides and I was wondering how this works. I've been told that photos taken with a digital camera have different dimensions then film does. Therefore I was wondering if these companies use custom made frames for their slides, as I would guess standard 35mm slides would have a to big hole for digital.

The site I found is www.slides.com

Hi,

I would strongly suggest you avoid this company.

"All digital camera files are adequate to produce good slides."

Complete nonsense. They are saying that I can produce a "good slide" from an image I take on a webcam. There's further idiocy in the text with things like "What DPI should I use? It doesn't matter" err.... yes it does.

link

Basically, they'll produce something rubbish from any digital image file you send them. Their explanations are logically very dubious and their promises would be very hard to live up to.

In answer to your question, they crop the images to size if you don't do it. This is on the link page I included in this post.

Rob

Hmm, that's a shame. I noticed when looking through my late uncles old slides from the 80's that the slides then had a different dimension. I thought that if they could produce frams with other dimensions then 35mm in the 80's, they should be able to do so now as well.

I would have thought they would simply get an image and level it down to the slide? it wont be a copy of real slide film, and will be pretty useless because it wont make your images blow up to bigger sizes :)

I just thought about doing it because I wanted to see some of my photos as slides. My uncle loved shooting slide film and so after I found the old slide projector in the basement, the first person I thought of was him. I was only seven (aproxematly) when he died, and so seing some of his old slides really brought back some great memories. All this has made me want to experiment a little with slides, since it reminds me of him. I guess I'll just buy some slide film and do it the proper way.

You can try ahelg, they should be fine for that kinda stuff.
I meant useless because I thought they would be used to blow pictures up...why not give it a wirl?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back