Digital SLR Camera

SomnathG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been using Digital Compac camera till date. I think I have goty enough photography experience to upgrade my self to digital SLR. I want to know which one should I buy? Should I go for cannon or Nikon? If Nikon, then should I go for NikonD40 or NikonD60? What is the difference between those two and which one is the better one? I have budget arround $500 dollar.

Thanks,
Somnath

D60 will give you enough extras for the price difference in my opinion (I've owned both).

Things I like about the D60 over the D40:

Menus change if you switch from landscape to portrait
Active D-Lighting
Still video feature
Internal sensor cleaner
Range finder

Both are very capable DSLR's and I'm sure you'd enjoy them.

This question has been asked a thousand times. Do a search here on the forum and you'll find tons of info. It's also best to do your own research (TONS of info and reviews on the internet) and decide what's best for yourself, what you'll be using the camera for and what your goals are.

as far as Nikon vs. Canon (or even pentax, or olympus) the main thing that you will hear is go to a store where you can test them out for yourself and go from there.

Any of these brands make good cameras, and good lenses, so just go with what YOU like the best.

Both brands make excellent cameras and lenses. As said, go to the store and check them out. More importantly, hold them in your hands and take some test shots. Don't worry about the quality of the image, worry about how they feel in your hands, the size, the comfort, the button layout.

don't get too worked up about which to buy. Some are fans of one, others are fans of the other. There is no hands down best one. Anyone who tells you that one brand is better than the other, all around, hands down, is talking out of their arse

Most reactions

Back