Digital Speed 1200x 8GB SD card

Read the features of the card. I am not a representative of the company and I know very little about technology or the engineering behind this card quite frankly. Nor am I selling the card on behalf of the company so it is not my job to flaunt it's benefits. If you want to know the individual features that this card possesses then you should look them up yourself. If you have questions then I would direct you the manufacturer who will surely be glad to talk to you. When I buy an item from someone I do the research myself as it is my responsibility as a consumer to be educated about what I am buying. Anyone else is just a sucker.

Of course you encouraged it when you, as a "staff and supporting member" failed to step in. "All that evil needs to succeed is for a good man to do nothing."

I thought the way this post was handled was less than optimal...

I totally understand why the OP is feeling trod upon.

Annnnnnnnd at the same time, I am not in the habit of buying things like memory cards from private party sellers...

Annnnnnnnd at the same time, I am not in the habit of buying things like memory cards from private party sellers...

Annnnnnnnnd I totally respect that. :1398:

Okay. Fair enough. I've read the "features" of the card, and I've also spend the last half-hour while supper was cooking inquiring of Mr. Google. about these cards. The features are bog-standard memory card features; the claimed transfer rate is just that. A claim. Even if it is accurate (and there's rather a lot of evidence to suggest it's nothing like it's claimed) very few cameras can support the transfers rates claimed by this card. On the other hand, there is overwhelming evidence on-line which indicates that this brand is a very poor quality card, subject to very frequent failures, and sold primarily by 42nd St Photo and a few other less than reputable dealers. I am afraid my friend that you were rooked.

That's OK - I'll stick with my $30 64GB SanDisk Extremes.

None of that explains why you and others felt the need to ruin a completely legitimate ad that followed all of the guidelines set forth by this forum. Unless that is just the way things are handled around here? Total disrespect? What good are rules if even when followed that person is treated to ridicule and mockery?

And how do you know I was "rooked"? For all you know I won the card in some kind of photography contest or it was simply gifted to me.

None of that explains why you and others felt the need to ruin a completely legitimate ad that followed all of the guidelines set forth by this forum. Unless that is just the way things are handled around here? Total disrespect? What good are rules if even when followed that person is treated to ridicule and mockery?
You weren't treated to ridicule and mockery. I started by asking you a legitimate question which you didn't answer. A number of people expressed incredulity and concern that it was a scam. Simply adhering to the rules does not guarantee your legitimacy. In fact, in my experience as a member and moderator here, the vast majority of new members whose first and only post(s) are in this forum have been attempts at a scam of some sort. Based on the price that you (and a number of less than reputable retailers) have asked for this brand of card, I don't think the concern was at all unreasonable.

And how do you know I was "rooked"? For all you know I won the card in some kind of photography contest or it was simply gifted to me.
Fair comment; I don't. HOWEVER... if you did come by this at no cost, why would you bother going to this much effort to sell a sub-par memory card at a grossly inflated price. I would think one would look at it, think to one's self, "Well that's not much of a gift!", toss it in the rubbish, and buy a nice San Disk card.

You weren't treated to ridicule and mockery. I started by asking you a legitimate question which you didn't answer.

Yea if that had happened in a store it would be called bad customer service.

Being as this was online others could see that the question was ignored.

The best thing would have been something in the original post explaining why an 8gb card was special enough to ask a price that high. I know I had never heard of a card of that size at that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And how do we know you didn't get swindled on 42nd street, when you should have stopped in at 33rd and 9th instead, realized it yourself and are now trying to swindle our members?

I realize you are trying to sell this thing, but we owe it to our members to warn them about this product. It doesn't matter how you acquired it, and it honestly really doesn't matter that you're trying to sell and it we are ruining it for you. I'd rather we protect our community from this sort of trash, than to protect the "integrity" of your for sale ad.

42nd Photo stays in business by selling these sorts of rubbish products to unsuspecting tourists.

Mach III isn't even a real speed rating. The product doesn't even say what protocol it is (UHS-I or UHS-II). It's labeled as SDHC but on the bottom says it's also SDXC. It's doesn't have a U rating. At 8GB it's worthless, which is probably why it only says 1080p video, not 4K. And it's three times the price of a legitimate SanDisk 64GB UHS-II 300 MB/sec--twice the speed--SD card with eight times the storage capacity.

It sucks you got ripped off, but I can't with good conscience allow someone else to buy one of these too...

I honestly think there should be some kind of system implemented where you don't have access to the buy and sell forum until after a certain number of posts and other requirements has been met to ensure the user is active. This would prevent people from creating an account just to sell something and it would prevent spammers. It's a suggestion anyways. There must be some kind of way to do it.

Do a soccer game with that card, would be filled about half way through the the first quarter.

I honestly think there should be some kind of system implemented where you don't have access to the buy and sell forum until after a certain number of posts and other requirements has been met to ensure the user is active. This would prevent people from creating an account just to sell something and it would prevent spammers. It's a suggestion anyways. There must be some kind of way to do it.

I actually agree with you. Most sites have that anymore and I have been saying this to myself this the whole time through laughter that this thread has kept going this long by someone who is supposed to be a staff member. I also am amazed that it has kept going without any kind of private messaging system, does this place even have that?, being used to maybe kindly explain reasons for being concerned or maybe even asking nicely to take the ad down as after the first few posts this thread was completely worthless anyways except for humor's sake. Instead I was just asked a bunch of questions that I have don't have any business answering nor any responsibility to answer after someone had already made up their mind that I was a scammer and that I had been ripped off. And it is my problem what I "bother" doing with my possessions.

Maybe things should be run better around here.

To those concerned, I did not get ripped off with this card and rarely if ever get suckered into getting ripped off, nor was my intention to rip anybody off. Just thought I'd put that out there since nobody asked, just assumed. I also don't need the money for quality cards as I own two 256G and one 128 G SD Extreme Pro cards for my Canon G40.

Most reactions

Back