Digital to 35mm Slide?

Shutterbug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm enrolling in a college program over the summer at the California State Summer School for the Arts, on a photo major, and I've been devoting time to shooting what they want for the application process.

Once I have everything done, I'm supposed to get my shots transferred to slides... I guess so they can be reviewed more efficiantly. I was wondering if there is any loss of image clarity when that happens.

Thanks.

I'm struggling to understand what you mean, and I don't think I'm particularly dense (or I hope I'm not ;)

If your work is to be reviewed in the format of slides, then you could shoot photographs of your images onto slide film.

If you mean that you wish to 'write' your digital files directly onto slide medium - gulp. I hope you've got a lot of money and live close to the latest hi-tech lab which offers that facility in your region (California).

In any copy-duplication process, the more steps there are, the more degradation takes place. The more complicated the process, the more difficult it is to achieve accurate rendition. If these slides are simply required for visual inspection, there is no reason why you should not be able to capture the essence of the images accurately with medium format slides. The college may accept 35mm slides - my own college did - no one did medium format on entry into photography school in the mid-1990s unless they were a child genius (and early puberty too).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back