Digital Workflow

MichaelHenson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yet another question...

I'm getting to the point on my computer that I need to free up some space on my HD. I have a external HD that I've begun using but am wondering what the best approach is?

I would eventually like to only have photos currently being edited and final edits saved on my computer (duplicated on my EHD). Does the Lightroom "Catalog Backup" save all of the RAW files to my EHD if that's where the catalog is saved?

I ask because I use the card reader on my computer to move the files from the camera to computer and then import them into LR. It would be incredibly helpful if that "Catalog Backup" were to actually copy or move all my edits/unedited photos to the EHD each time I close LR so I don't have to worry about forgetting to manually copy all those files and can simply delete the recent imports stored to my laptop.

Does anyone have a LR workflow file management system that they use/recommend?

Thanks!

Lightroom "Catalog Backup" only backs up a copy of your the Lightroom database. It does not back-up the actual image files so if you want the image files moved you will have to do it yourself. Also if you are moving image files that are in the Lightroom catalog it is best to move them through the "Folders" panel in Lightroom rather than manually outside of Lightroom. That way Lightroom will know where to find them.

Most reactions

Back