Dilemma

Soul Rebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got a new camera and my interest in taking photos has risen quite a bit. I have been out as much as I can and lately I have had an interest in trying to sell some shots. I have my own webspace and created a new gallery to try and show off some stuff. In the future I hope to create some business cards to give to people so if they need a photographer (if I can call myself that) they can give me a call. I have little experience but I will make that clear.

Anyway, I like showing my pictures here. When I process a photo in photoshop I create the image at a size that is reasonable to post here. However, this isnt a size that I would want to try and sell.

So....I guess what I am asking is what size I should create the image with a border? I want something that I could show to somebody and if they like and want a print I can get a decent print from. I also want something I can show off here.

Web friendly is much smaller than print friendly. I process my photos at the highest resolution available, and save it for printing. Then I reduce it down to 500 or 600 pixels across, and save another web friendly version.

Sounds good. I know it sounds so simple, and it really is, but I am starting to run out of space on my HD's.

Soul Rebel said:
Sounds good. I know it sounds so simple, and it really is, but I am starting to run out of space on my HD's.

Memory is fairly cheap, and you are just going to have to get used to needing lots of storage, particularly if you are going to go into business. I haven't even had my DSLR for a year, and I've filled over 500 gb (and I still shoot lots of film too, so it's not like I'm always using my DSLR).

Down the road I will start to think about more HD space but for now this is what I have to work with. Getting the camera was the first step. More space will have to wait. Ive got about 80GB left so we will see how long that lasts.

Another question though. Its really not related but I figured I would ask here instead of creating another thread.

Ive got this laptop that I finally added more memory to. It runs fast enough that I can play my games, run PhotoShop, and manage my photos. The only thing is that the photos look different in the laptop than they do on my PC monitor.

Both look good. The laptop seems to have more pop and vivid colors (but then anything on the laptop screen has vivid colors) than the PC monitor.

So my question is should I take a look at the photos on the laptop or PC monitor? Which would be closer to the actual colors?

Most reactions

Back