C. Brian Kerr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is a nice sequence. My concern is that the first one does not seem to be totally in focus - its head is a bit fuzzy. The third one also seems a bit fuzzy around the edges. The bird is not in as sharp a focus as I would like to see it, when I compare it with other osprey shots that are posted in this forum.

WesternGuy

This is a nice sequence. My concern is that the first one does not seem to be totally in focus - its head is a bit fuzzy. The third one also seems a bit fuzzy around the edges. The bird is not in as sharp a focus as I would like to see it, when I compare it with other osprey shots that are posted in this forum.

WesternGuy

This is a super tight crop. Still saving for my long glass but need to keep practicing in the here and now. Thanks

Last edited:

WesternGuy

This is a super tight crop. Still saving for my long glass but need to keep practicing in the here and now. Thanks
Have you looked at the new 150-600mm lenses from Tamron and Sigma. From what I have seen, both are quite good. The Sigma is a bit heavy for continuous hand-holding though. Neither will set you back an arm and a leg, or more, like a full blown 600mm long lens will.

WesternGuy

I'm still deciding on which to go with. These where taken with my sig 70-200. I have awesome opportunities and am currently saving to get the longer glass. Both the lenses I have now are sigma

I'm still deciding on which to go with. These where taken with my sig 70-200. I have awesome opportunities and am currently saving to get the longer glass. Both the lenses I have now are sigma
Personally, I went with the Sigma, although it is a little heavy, but then how many images are you going to shoot with a handheld 600mm lens - for me not too many. I have seen images from both lenses and to me, at least, the Sigma is the sharper lens (now don't all the Tammy folks jump all over me - its just my personal opinion based on what I have seen on a number of different forums). It is a bit more $$ than the Tammy and you probably have to get the "dock" to keep its firmware up to date, but that's just the way it is. I haven't had too much opportunity to use mine yet as things are just starting to thaw out here, but I am hoping to get out tomorrow and try it out (assuming it doesn't snow as they are threatening).

WesternGuy

Agree. Probably going to be the Sig and I need to get the dock anyway. See my signature both lens I have are sig

Most reactions

Back