Direction needed

Karalee

hOtLiPs!
Reaction score
Website
www.shuttervisions.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot my first B&W in a really long time this week. My bf said I should put this one up but Im unsure if I like it, so I guess what Im asking for is some advice or direction to make it better?
Thanks in advance

Branch%201.jpg

I love the composition. Very nice. This is my kind of tree shot.

It seems a little soft and the contrast could be increased, although I know these could have to do with the scan rather than the original print.

Karalee said:
Shot my first B&W in a really long time this week. My bf said I should put this one up but Im unsure if I like it, so I guess what Im asking for is some advice or direction to make it better?
Thanks in advance

Karalee, nice shot by the way!... What I would avoid when composing (or cropping) is splitting the image into two equal to almost equal fields. The white of the snow, IMHO, does that to a certain extent. I would try a few things:

1-try a different angle (if there is still snow)
2-try cropping from the left (or right) so the snow does not 'part' the picture at almost half
3-for a stark picture I would try burning in the tree so the snow shows its whiteness even more
4-I also think the sky could be improved on, either use some filtering at the time you shoot or darken it post-production, in the lab.

Just my two cents...

karalee, if you are newbie to photography I am impressed with your work - like this type of shot too! Mitica100 had some good suggestions.

good to see you post your stuff! :thumbsup:

I dont agree with vonnagy and matt on this one, it is kind of boring it looks like a picture that would have been taken by an ametuer. Straight on angle.

Crouch or get higher, it will add more depth to the photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back