dirtbiking...

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by Vixen, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Vixen

Vixen TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    It's been way too long since I have posted anything. At the moment I am waiting to finish a roll of film in my SLR. That's the camera that I actually work at taking pictures with, so they will hopefully be better than these. But in the meantime here are some shots from this past fall. As always I get to be the photographer on these expeditions with my brother and boyfriends since I don't have a dirtbike, and someone has to drive the truck to pick them up if they break their bikes or themselves
    Anyway. Here they are... I'm sure I could use lots of advice :)

these first two are from just last month, they are of my boyfriend...
    1. [​IMG]

2.[​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

by the way these were all taken on a basic point and shoot digital.
    Let me know what you all think.
    Thanks for looking :wink:

2. Vixen

Vixen TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    bump...
    c'mon someone's gotta have something to say...

3. milkofglass

milkofglass TPF Noob!

Its hard to take sports photos without much of a zoom, and you did a good job with what you had.

The first would look a lot better if it didn't have so much dead space. More zoom would have solved that, you'd have been able to get just him on his bike and the snow he kicked up.

The 2nd I'd have moved him a little the the right, not much, but a little more, can be easily fixed with any photo editor.

The 3rd is a nice shot, but again needs to be closer. The car is also an eye sore.

The 4th could probably of been a lot better is you placed the horizon line about 2/3's up the picture, showing more of the hill rather than sky. Main reason for that is because they're on dirt bikes and thats the terrain they're about to take on. Your brother(?) is looking down the hill and it seems like your boyfriend is debating with him whether to go down. It just makes sense to give the viewer as much of an idea as possible as to what is going on.

4. Vixen

Vixen TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    yah these were just snapshots so they weren't composed very well at all.
    Thanks for the tips! :)