Dirty Sensor is getting very frustrating

Dust on the mirror or focusing screen will not show up in your images. The mirror flips up out of the way when the photo is taken...you will notice that the viewfinder goes dark at the same time. Only dust on the sensor will show up...(and possibly something on the lens but it would have to be bigger than a speck of dust.)

It's more likely that when you are fiddling with mirror & screen, that you are getting more or less dust on the sensor.

I've been using an Olympus E-500 for 10 months and never had a problem with sensor dust. I didn,t choose it just for the auto sensor cleaning but I just want to say it definitely is not a gimmick -- it does work. Definitely a feature worth having when you consider how inconvenient it might be to discover dust on the sensor when you are in the field where cleaning it manually is not an option, or you don't have time to do it at an action shoot.

Sean, if that's the worst of the dust problem you have, you don't really have a problem :p That's easily cloned out in about 2 seconds. I've seen MUCH MUCH worse.

pip22 said:
I've been using an Olympus E-500 for 10 months and never had a problem with sensor dust. I didn,t choose it just for the auto sensor cleaning but I just want to say it definitely is not a gimmick -- it does work. Definitely a feature worth having when you consider how inconvenient it might be to discover dust on the sensor when you are in the field where cleaning it manually is not an option, or you don't have time to do it at an action shoot.

I have the E-500 as well and I am very happy with it. The only thing that I do not like is the fact that there is a lot of noise when I take long exposure shots. I suppose I can live with that.

Most reactions

Back