Dirty Simplicity

Pyrex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Train_002.jpg

Let me know what you think. The reflection was impossible to eliminate at the location, and after staring at it.. I think it adds an unusual clean warm quirk to an otherwise mundane, dirty, and cold image. This image really shines at high res. And if your curious, this is a diesel fuel tank on the side of a Union Pacific train.

Dang! I am getting more and more curious to finally SEE your photos on here, Pyrex. What a nuisance to ever only get the red x's.
Would you have to click on a "make photos public" box maybe for us to see them? Though it seems to be a server problem, I cannot access them via "the scenic route" (properties, copy URL and paste it to get to the photos like that), either. I get a Time Gateout Error.

curse linux based servers and their inoppurtune failures.

In my non-professional opinion I have to say I really like the reflection, I think it makes the photo more interesting.

The reflections help.
But all in all composition is quite a bit on the boring side, I say, with nothing but the wall, the gauge in the centre, and in that centred gauge the interesting reflections. Have you tried different crops?

The reflections help.
But all in all composition is quite a bit on the boring side, I say, with nothing but the wall, the gauge in the centre, and in that centred gauge the interesting reflections. Have you tried different crops?

No crops yet, just as it came out of the camera. I thought it would make a decent wallpaper since it is so simplistic. I liked how dirty and worn out it looked. What kind of crop would you suggest?

I think crop the bottom to bring the gauge down a bit then crop tight on both sides, too much space in my opinon.

Yes, either from below or to the line from above and then either in from the left or the right ... centred as this is, with all this room around, you can try ever so many different crops moving the gauges to all parts of your image...

Most reactions

Back