Disaster!!

Can't really say for sure, but I know someone else here at the forum left their camera out in the rain all night - think he said he let it dry out for a week and still worked fine.

Anything electronic will work after being soaked if allowed to dry. Water DOES NOT conduct electricity, it is the minerals in the water that causes the sparks.

Best bet is to open it up and allow air to filter through the thing.

I would also have it checked by a professional repair shop or Canon.

The big issue is the sensor. Water spots can cause very big prob. if it got inside.
DO NOT turn it on. Pull the battery and let dry in a very DE-humid area.

Anything electronic will work after being soaked if allowed to dry. Water DOES NOT conduct electricity, it is the minerals in the water that causes the sparks.

The big issue is the sensor. Water spots can cause very big prob. if it got inside.
The battery never got wet. I did turn it on though. It said can not operate due to error then shut down again. I dried it with a towell and blew it out with compressed air.

Let it sit for a few days.

My friend accidentally drove 3 (yes 3) of his R/C cars into his swimming pool. One of the bad things about having lots of concrete next to a pool.. They all still work, although one didn't start working again until maybe 2 weeks later. I know an r/c car isn't as sophisticated electronically as a dslr, but i'm just saying there's hope.

Man this totally sucks... still got the reciept try to bring it back and look dumb and say UUUHHH It stopped working! make sure it is dry first....

When that does not work wait a week then bring it to a camera shop and see what they can do!

The battery never got wet. I did turn it on though. It said can not operate due to error then shut down again. I dried it with a towell and blew it out with compressed air.

Uh-oh Compressed air?
I hope you never put that poison inside the camera...
also turning it on in the first place is a bad idea...
NEVER turn an eletrical item on if it has water inside / been in contact with water that can cause your camera / eletrical appliance to short circut...
You should instead remove all sources of power, (main switches e.g. wall plugs or batteries or anything else used to power the item)
that way you increase the chance of your items survival
uh and hair dryers dont work either... they burn out your circuts....
wet eletricals + heat = bad... real bad
the best way to treat water logged eletricals is, remove as much casing as possible, seperate the pieces as much as possible (without removing screws unless you know how to put it back together with no faults.)
and leave the rest to the air to dry off, this way it changes the temperature at a slow steady pase instead of jumping from cold to hot etc..

~Friends... they are right pricks :p

Man this totally sucks... still got the reciept try to bring it back and look dumb and say UUUHHH It stopped working! make sure it is dry first....

When that does not work wait a week then bring it to a camera shop and see what they can do!
The guy at the camera store I talked to said to bring it to him, he'll dry it out and send to Canon and tell them he doesn't know what happened to it.

I once washed a computer motherboard, memory and video card off in a shower on a bet. Let it dry a few days and plugged it in. No problem.

As everyone else said, give it a bit of time. Particularly with low voltage stuff, you're usually ok.

I once washed a computer motherboard, memory and video card off in a shower on a bet. Let it dry a few days and plugged it in. No problem.

As everyone else said, give it a bit of time. Particularly with low voltage stuff, you're usually ok.

You sound like a fun guy. Will you eat a dozen boiled slugs for a dollar? :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back