Disc Golf in Downtown Asheville, NC!

vonDrehle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Every year after the Mountain Disc Golf Experience disc golf tournament the top 4 Pros play Urban Skins in Downtown Asheville, NC. I have played in the tournament and watched Urban Skins 4 or 5 times now and always enjoy it. Some of the pics I used a different WB just so they wouldn't be so repetitive.

I put the pics on Facebook as well as photobucket so you can check them out either way :D.

Facebook: MDGE 2012 Urban Skins
Photobucket: MDGE 2012 Urban Skins

Here are a few of them.

MD1.jpg

MD3.jpg

JB11.jpg

JB7.jpg

Last edited:
They really don't tell me anything other than people standing around, Without your description of the activity I would say they, well, the same thing, people just standing around. Point and shoot without thought. So that would be a penny and a nay.

So you don't understand it therefore it stinks? Ok...

You wanted an honest opinion on the four pictures you posted and I gave you one based on the pictures that you posted, if you can't take an opinion of what you post without crying that you didn't get to hear, "these are amazing frisby pictures" then don't post them. How does people standing on the roof of a building with a tiny speck of a disc visable say anything, or as you shot it, make a good image? See the girl on her knees shooting towards the player in image 2, that's the shooting point, not the back of the guys head. In the last image the guy standing on the steps behind the basket with the little point and shoot, he is in a better place.

I understand the game, I have played the game. I also understood your explanation of what it was, you used a different white balance some they wouldn't be repetitive, however they are repetitive, as you said, it stinks.

lol, didn't mean to strike a nerve. Though from how you ended your first comment I can see you are a very "friendly" person.

In your first comment you said the pictures were just of people standing around. You do realize they are playing in the middle of downtown. And I got that angle of the building so you could see they were throwing from the top of a building and not a low terrace. You know it's not often you see a professional sport being played off a building. And I apologize if my wanting to get the city in some of the pictures and not just the golfers faces offended you in any way. If you had taken the time to look at the other images you would see I got every angle I could in the limited amount of time it took them to move the basket to the next hole position. Next time before telling someone they don't know where to stand maybe look at all the photos in the series? Or better yet, try not to be an a-hole. I have found most people appreciate it.

Good for you. I re-track my comments, these really are amazing professional frisby golf pictures. You posted 4 pictures, I looked at 4 pictures, and I made a comment on the 4 pictures. But seriously, they are really amazing professional frisby golf pictures. I suppose that was why you were begging someone, anyone, to comment on them, and when you get a comment that you don't like, you take offence to it. Don't beg for comments.

What kind of feedback were you looking for? if these weren't your photos, would you say they were amazing, great, outstanding. What were you expecting?

Well I wasn't looking for, "Point and shoot without thought" without a decent explanation as to why you would say that other than, "It looks like people standing around".

Yes, 2 bumps in 8 days is really begging.

And it's disc golf...

And yet 191 views and no comments. Oh sorry, yes, frisby is a brand name. People on the roof of a building, two obese people standing at the bottom, and unless you really look, you can see a disc, it's people standing around. I just showed the first picture to my son, his best guess was, "looks like people working on the roof"

I could also add that the horzion line in the second one isn't straight, also guessing that if this was as important as you believe it to be, you weren't playing with the white balance, but just missed the exposures on some of these. I assume that you have posted the four best that you shot. I do like the swell black border around them though.

And I just picked four I assumed people on a photo forum liked looking at pictures so they would look at the gallery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess everyone else likes them because they haven't added any comments. Tell ya what, I'll go have a look at your album, maybe you just overlooked the best ones.

Well you sold yourself short on this, you really have to learn how to edit, there are at least 10 in your gallery that are way better, and cropped correctly, would have told the story without anything more than "disc golf downtown" A final set of words from a guy that's been in this business for a long time, "always pick the best, because it only takes one bad one to ruin the rest"

Faces, and the expressions on those faces, are the grail of action sports shooting, because those faces and expressions show the intensity, dedication, hard work, and determination of the players.

Backs of heads (2 & 4) and participants that have so little scale in the image (1 & 3) that they become at best tertiary or quantenary image elements that are essentially faceless, fall well short of the action sports grail.

So you would limit the field of the event to the athlete and not what the athlete is accomplishing? For #1 would you rather see the face of the thrower, which is seen in many other images, or the complete view of what he is trying to accomplish? Of course I know now people only critique images you posted and don't bother looking at others :/... Here is the other view, which is very similar to other photos in the gallery I posted.

$181483_222293144556394_94812523_n.jpg

And from my gallery here is #3 only showing the golfer and not the wall of windows behind him.

JB11Zoom.jpg

Most reactions

Back