Discovered something

coreduo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I tried tinkering with my D40X with micro lens in it. I set it to manual. And pointed it to Aperture with its corresponding inverse shutter speed. I was experimenting on depth of field. f/45 had a corresponding inverse shutter speed of 6" or seconds. It turned out well. (It was a toy soldier with the book behind it, "MARX" printed on it. )I will post it tommorrow.It turned out to be perfect. VEry very clear.

winner is you

DSC_0303.jpg

ok... so you actually discovered how aperture and shutter speed influence one another... but... you missed the focus... still... considering the f45, i think it was either closer to the lens than it can possibly focus or its camera shake in case you didnt have it on a tripod. v

l.e. how is this very very very clear? i dont get it! do my eyes deceive me or yours?

Last edited:
Why on earth would you shoot that at f/45 in the first place? :lol:

Last edited:
lol :lmao:

on to new discoveries!.....focus! ;)

I read it in a book on BASIC photography. There was a chart. f111 is inversely proportional or directly proportional to..... f 45 is the ideal.. directly or inversely proportional to 6seconds shutter speed. I used a small tripod but I was trembling while I took it. Anyway, thanks for your advice.

Say what? f/45 is the ideal....what did the book say it was ideal for. I don't think I have a lens capable of f/45. Plus the diffraction effects would be quite noticeable, I'd think.

There's not much point in using an aperture that gives you 8000 miles of DOF when the total depth of the scene is 4 feet.

I used a small tripod but I was trembling while I took it.

Does your camera have a self timer? If your trembling is an issue, even with a tripod, you can shoot with the self timer at 2-3 seconds, so you can trigger the shutter (timer) and remove your hand from the camera, and let the camera finish without intervention.

Hope that helps.

* think he's experimenting with what he is learning *
Give 'em a break.

Hmm, with my Macro lens at minimum focus distance ... I only get 1cm DoF @ f/45

I will read the book again and check with my camera if I was having 'hallucinations' when I tinkered with it. But I really saw f45 which only confirmed that there was an fstop 111 next to it though I did not attempt to. Anyway, my posts are genuine. I am not lying. I get nothing from it. Either that it was 4.5 or 45 or I was not concentrating. You see I have ADD.

Most reactions

Back