Disillusioned

Mansi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
65e66046.jpg

just a great capture...his eyes look old, and weary....i love the truth shown here..
he makes me want to just pull him up, take him home...feed him..and see if i can make him smile........thanks mansi...gripping photo journalism....

aprilraven said:
just a great capture...his eyes look old, and weary....i love the truth shown here..
he makes me want to just pull him up, take him home...feed him..and see if i can make him smile........thanks mansi...gripping photo journalism....

i agree. what's the blur in the left upper corner?

JonMikal said:
i agree. what's the blur in the left upper corner?
I was wondering the same thing!

This is a compelling image, Mansi. Very nice.

Sorry guys, i should have let you in on some background info on the shot...
This was shot at the wholesellers flower market in town which runs from 4am till bout 7 am... i went to shoot macro, but then after a few people shots there was not good light for macro...i only did manage 5 shots.. this of which i felt worth sharing...
it is extremely crowded.. and there were people walking into my frame alll teh time..
the top left is a result of it.. a man walking in with flowers.. the other 2 shots of him had people walking thru as well... this is the best of the 3 i got .. so here is :D

aprilraven - thanks much for your kind comments.. photojourno is what i intend to do :)
jonmikal - thanks for looking :)
snownow - thank you!
M@ko - thank you!!! but theres still a long way to go b4 i can even put in an app to natgeo.... and all thr photogs are so well experinced etc
terri - thanks very much :D

thanks all for looking and your comments, much appreciated :D

Great shot. I am a huge fan of Black and White "live" photography. This photo has many different stories that it tells.

A Great shot Mansi, but I feel that if you are going to go Photo Journalism, you must clean up your pics some, this has alot of unnecessary features to the left of the main focus, so by cropping some of the box away will move the subject away from the middle road, and add better composition. Ernie

thanks yuri and ernie...
ernie, i see what you mean.. i will try a few crops.. the only thing is that if i take off from the left its may look unbalanced, unless ofcourse.. i want a square crop.. i cant take off the top or bottom.. it wasn't my intention to center teh boy.. just in the hustle bustle, theres really not much of a compo that i could make and with people walking all over, infront of the camera etc
i could try a clone on the fuzzy flowers walking into the frame on the left..
any suggestion?
feel free to have a go at my work.. edit etc

Another great journalistic portrait from you Mansi. You've posted consistently good stuff in this style recently. I know from what you've said that you do sometimes ask your subjects to pose, but this one, like others you have posted, looks candid. Is it, or did you talk to the boy first? I'm curious because while I like this type of photography, I'm always afraid of intruding on people by just photographing them without asking, and reluctant to ask in case the shot looks too posed. You seem to get the balance right consistently.

WOW, another awesome photo. Very well done Mansi.

Thanks all
Obrein, no i did not ask the boy... in the chaos he never realised that i was shooting him.. also i did not want to ask him.. i just wanted to capture his pose and pensive mood..
thanks for looking and your comments..
heres a version with a clone a friend did for me, i just have not had much time to my photography lately..
howsit?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back