Distillery District, Toronto. Taken with my new XTI.

SjKaldas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Everyone!

I am a new member here, and i am looking for some comments and criticism. Mostly criticism though, I'm really trying to improve. These are the first photos i took with my XTI in and around Toronto. I tried to tone map some of them with a demo of photomatix, so they have a few watermarks on them. Let me know what you think.
Thanks!

2571546000_1f5e22911e.jpg

2571588386_f5caf78d14.jpg

2581568603_47c3ea5f70.jpg

2581560009_de21d27ff1.jpg

2570906553_1b34cf02c2.jpg

Welcome - nice images! C&C per req:
1. Good composition, the road runs right into the image, drawing the eye in, however the red seems a trifle over-saturated to me.
1,2. The perspective of these doesn't really work for me. It's not square, but not exagerated enough to be artistic in my opinion.
3. Nice capture and nice sky, a shooting position farther to the right would likely have allowed you to see a little more of the LH side which is covered by the brush.
4. Nice - an HDR I assume?
5. Very nice, but you have to remove that wire that runs right through the middle!

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
~John

Nice shots! Tirediron's C&C was right on in my opinion. What I would add about the first image with the perspective - I think if you had lowered the camera a bit so the green beam was the top frame, allowing for more foreground, it would have really helped.

On a totally unrelated note, were you at the district on Sunday? Did you catch any of the tunes from the Luminato Festival?

I like #2 it gives you a glimpse of new and old

Nice shots! Tirediron's C&C was right on in my opinion. What I would add about the first image with the perspective - I think if you had lowered the camera a bit so the green beam was the top frame, allowing for more foreground, it would have really helped.

On a totally unrelated note, were you at the district on Sunday? Did you catch any of the tunes from the Luminato Festival?

No, sorry. Didn't end up going because of other commitments.

Hey, and welcome!!! I love the angles you used. This is a very nice set, keep it up! Only advice i have about the forum is please # your pics, it will help us comment on them

Most reactions

Back