distorted reflection

Raindrops

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all.

I saw this yesterday in town - a broken window on a shop selling bathroom supplies. Can't decide whether it works or not! Very hard to line up! If you think it might work, please feel free to edit in any way, shape or form! It's only been cropped so far and the contrast upped by a couple of points.

f3.3 1/80

Thanks!

mirror2.jpg

I think it works fine as is. It is a difficult shot to line up because of all the different lines and angles but I don't think that matters at all. Decide which is your main subject - the wood frame, the stainless fixtures, or the glass shards and concentrate and accenting that with your composition. The other two elements become supporting members. Personally I go for asymmetrycal compos and I would choose the wood frame since it is largest and a warm color compared to the metal and glass. I also think stopping down 1 stop for a little more contrast would work better. All in all I like it though - nice eye to see that!

Thank you! Really good adivce about choosing a main subject and concentrating on that. You're right ... I was trying to concentrate on it all and it was too much.

I agree about the frame - trouble is by rotating it 6 inches, it seems to blur up the cracks in the glass. I will have to try and think about that when I'm taking the picture rather than relying on manipulating it afterwards!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back