Disused Papermill

duncanp

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.duncanphilpott.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
found this by the canal during a 12 mile walk on monday...

p1030879.jpg

p1030877.jpg

p1030876favourite.jpg

p1030875.jpg

p1030874.jpg

p1030872.jpg

p1030870.jpg

Grr... why didnt i find this before the junk comp...

p1030868.jpg

p1030866.jpg

p1030864.jpg

p1030863.jpg

and a bit of colour...

p1030879colour.jpg

Thanks for looking

I loved these... i'd up the contrast for a gritty feel and i'd up the saturation on the color one so that it looks more... powerful.

Great shots duncan. One thing that occurs to me... when you're shooting some of these, you're about 3 to 5 degrees off being lined up straight. It's easily fixed in PS, but really it would be an idea to practise lining up the verticals - or - pressing the shutter more gently? Spend a bit of time photographing walls and practising getting them dead straight upright - it's particularly important when you catch the corner of the building, or if you're having issues with barrel distortion, as the image loses it's impact under these circumstances.

As gapinthevoid has mentioned, I'd be tempted to take the original colour images, add a red photo filter at 30% or boost the red channel, up the saturation a touch and then use gradient map to convert to B&W. Then adjust brightness and contrast and get a really rough feeling and grainy B&W image to compliment the subject. This is a post-processing thing, rather than a photography element, but I do think that *look* would compliment the images better than a straight low fidelity de-sat. Give it a try and see what you think of the results.

Rob

Most reactions

New Topics

Back