Divine

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the first shot of just sky I've taken in a long time. I was compelled to. The skies over lake Erie are so intense sometimes.

Tell me what you think :)

divine.jpg

incredible matt. i can never get enough of your stuff. for some reason it looks to me like you're level with the clouds...like you're flying. anyway...awesome shot!

Good camera work. The light and forms of clouds are there. I like this photo. Like being the key word in that phrase. We all have seen dramatic sunsets (sunrise?). To me there is not an original subject. Nothing says to me "Digital Matt took this photo".

craig said:
Nothing says to me "Digital Matt took this photo".
Regardless of your intent behind capturing this scene, I have to agree with Craig here! :)
We are all so used to your precision perfect work. :)

Daniel

What is so "unprecise" about this?

What says "Digital Matt took this photo" about my others? Please clue me in. I take photos of so many things. I don't think I have a distinctive style.

I think its the overall softness of the shot, and lack of clear defined subject, and being a very unique concept., It think you put it in the critique gallery to turn some heads!! hehehe, your style never seems this "simple" like ozzy osboune jammin with madonna.. lol!!

Its fun to mess around anyway, and the shot is so peaceful!! unlike lake Erie at times!! I have been up and down the north shore of this lake many times, and caught in storms, and huge 7-8 ft waves, but it was all a blast! Some of my best memories took place out there, can't wait for some good weather to get out again soon!

To me this is just a snapshot. Let me repeat, I cannot and I am not questioning the intent here. For me photography is more than the "correct exposure" and all those tech stuff.

You spend couple of hours per picture. That is the difference and it is so visible in your work.

There is no reason to be that humble :). Its high time you get listed with the BlackBook.You have all the talent, potential and discipline to be successful in the commercial world. Get out there without wasting much time. :)

Cheers!
Daniel

aside from all that jibber jabber, i think it is neat. i like the border too, looks very nice. i think it's original in that it isnt a landscape shot. if he was over lake erie he could have took a pretty neat picture with the water in the picture, but he decided not to.

If you don't mind the opinion of a forum newbie, I don't like the dark clouds in the corners. Actually, the whole image just seems too dark to me to be called divine...

i just looked at it again, and i like it more now. i think if you view it with the border as a huge poster somewhere, it helps make it look better. we should do that with each others photos more often (imagine you see them hanging up in some studio or something...) makes it seem more purposeful and artistic. :D

Most reactions

Back