mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
dixietool_4119.jpg
this actually was the test of a cobbled together camera... I ran out of d76 so I developed it in d72 ie dektol clone... Dixie is my large dog who doesn't like to be inside during the day. She comes in to sleep with me at night but spends her days in the shade and keeping the neighborhood safe. She is camera shy but these are her tools. Note the heavy grain on the posts. I think the grain gives the image texture and I actually kindof like it.

Negative is 6x7 from a polaroid 25o frame with graflex roll film holder and a ansco vintage lens..

It's that arista edu 100... 120 rerolled to a four exposure roll. I seldom shoot more than one or two shots so I usually cut a roll in half. You know save your papers and spool kinda thing.

I have some d76 on the way so I shouldn't be using dektol straight any more. I have found truthfully that the mix of the two seems to develop film grainlessly but cuts the time in half. If develops paper a little bit more constrasty it seems to me but adds fifty percent to the development time.

The time for straight dektol on film was 2 minutes at about eighty degrees. Normal agitation about three or four times during the development.

I think what the straight dektol did was make the negatives fuzzy looking almost like paper. It was a different kind of fuzzy but there seems to be less detail than in the dektol d78 mix soup. Just how it "feels" to me.

Most reactions

Back