DIY home studio

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
Hey gang, I've been wanting to do more studio type shots, but we just don't have the space for a full-time home studio. Kelly and I put our brains together and came up with this simple solution. Couple of plant hooks into the ceiling, a 1x2 with eye-hooks added, a few clamps, and voila! We're using a couple of simple painter's canvas drop-cloths here, and it worked surprisingly well!! :D :thumbsup:

homestudio.jpg

I just had to construct a backdrop stand as well. It was for an open floor in a gym - so just before the event, I rushed over to the local hardware store and got a few pieces of pvc pipe, springy clamps, and connectors. For under 15 bucks! I stretched my green screen cloth tight with the clamps on the pvc structure and it worked great! Nothing says the canvas has to span the whole room! Throw some lights in the mix and you're set.

I use a little wooden shed out the cack of the fouse with a concrete floor that's falling to bits, If I want pitch black backgound I just move my subject as far away from the walls as possible and light it right with two floods I have running off an extension cord from the house's power supply. If I want white I just put him up against the doors and point one flood at the nearly white door so as to blow it out then I light him with the other and print so as to blow out the imperfections in the white. Easy and it gets great results.

Nah, not yet. I want to shoot mostly in daylight, and the window facing this setup faces south-southwest, so I can get some nice afternoon light in there. Eventually I'll get a couple of easily movable floods or if the photo gods are with me, a cheap studio setup with a couple of umbrellas.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back