DIY studio-in-a-box

spiralout

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I finally got around to getting the parts and assembling my makeshift lightbox today. I'm glad I did. :) It works great. I only got the chance to take a few shots before I had to do my homework, but I'll be doing a LOT more with it in the near future. I got the plans from http://upload.pbase.com/wlhuber/light_box . All said, it cost me under$40 to make, and that's including the lamps and bulbs.

setup.jpg

My setup.

RX.jpg

My first shot in my "mini-studio"

Hope some other people will find the plans useful. It's really easy to make and very effective.

That's interesting, spiralout! And you let the light shine through the white cloth? Is that the idea, so you get it diffused? I can`t wait to see more of the shoots that you're going to take in your "mini studio"!

LaFoto said:
That's interesting, spiralout! And you let the light shine through the white cloth? Is that the idea, so you get it diffused? I can`t wait to see more of the shoots that you're going to take in your "mini studio"!

Yup, that's the idea. :)
There are even a few screws in the back so I can hang up backdrops! It's so nifty!

Can you take a photo of the box to show us, please?

Opps...I guess it didn't load very fast & I skipped it...Looks nice and simple...watch out that the sheet does not get burned.

Most reactions

Back