DJ Series1-4

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
This is the first 4 DJ's out of 10 or 12 that I will be shooting. Let me know any and all thoughts. My biggest question is does this work as a series or are they just 4 random shots. These are the final images, but not the final edit. Please leave out all thoughts on exposure and all that fun stuff.

Love & Bass

Evan65
evan65ol9.jpg

Cut64
cut64xw9.jpg

Rocky
rockypc5.jpg

James22
james22jm7.jpg

Can't see much "DJ" in the first and third, although the first is spectacular in it's own right. I think either some equipment or some DJ actions like that air scratching in the 4th are necessary to make the identification.

The 4th is a little blown but the harsh lighting works.

I agree with Garbz. If I just saw those 2 pictures, I'd have no clue they were DJs. However, if you put these all together in a series, and call it a DJ series, I think people will make the connection. I think Cut64 is just fabulous!

I rather like James22 - I know you wanted exposure thoughts left out, but that one's like two stops over, and given the subject it not only works, it adds definition to the work: that's mag cover work. Cut 64 is...well, I don't know why, but I feel I should like it a lot, but I don't. Good composition, well posed, obviously well thought out, but...what am I missing? Back to exposure - I suspect if it was lit differently (some critic I am - I have NO idea how I'd do it...) it wouldn't just be good, it would be great. Whatever the case, you got skills.

I agree with Garbz. If I just saw those 2 pictures, I'd have no clue they were DJs. However, if you put these all together in a series, and call it a DJ series, I think people will make the connection. I think Cut64 is just fabulous!

Everything she said. :) I just love cut64 - it's awesome and one of the best I have seen on the whole forum! Great job. :)

Thanks soooo much gang!!! The idea here is to put a personality to each DJ. Generally folks just see these guys behind the turntables in the dark. Not sure if I am going to shoot a couple more outside of the studio or keep it all studio. What do you think?

Love & Bass

I think the one I do like is the one with the flowers, at least the concept but I think you might have slipped in some DJ gear in there somewhere like a table n the background or a record on a flower stem. I don't knwo exactly but mabye even take his whole setup out there tables mixer and all and do some shots like that with a setup in the image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back