Do any DSLRs record video?

in principle those new ones with life-view could be able to shoot video clips too. But I doubt such a feature is enabled (not sure though).

But even if it was, I would be scared to have continuous bright light on a sensor which
is optimised for single exposures in between 1/5000 of a second if very bright and 30 seconds if very dark.

Scary, think of it in terms of dead and hot pixels, overheating ...

Technically, no, they do not record video, although with a fancy live-view feature and a screen recorder you could probably get the equivalent of video recording.

DSLRs are designed for photographs and photographs only. Any extra "P&S-style" features that are added (like video) are generally a comprimise.

Basically, just as video recorders (generally) suck at taking photographs, cameras generally suck at recording video.

No, but you can capture audio. (talking about Nikon D2x, D3 not sure about canon) I recomend if you want to capture video buy a dedicated video camera, my Canon XL2 does a great job capturing high quality video but does horrible if I want to print a photo from one of the frames.

No thank god. I dont like the Live View option let alone if it had video eating up firmware space. Still camera should only take still pictures, being specialized is a good thing.

buy a 1dmkIII
shoot at 10FPS and ur getting practically video there

just put em all together ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back