do any of you play musical instruments?

Cool - an actual link to a recording. Love Roy Orbison. I'll have to wait till I get home, the IT nazis here at work won't give me speakers, for some strange reason that I cannot fathom....

In the meantime, I agree with Manda. Matt needs to write us a song and pop it on here. Oh yes.

Women don't necessarily "put out" for guitar players....but perhaps I speak for a lot of women when I say, I DO like a guy who displays an artistic talent of most any kind. So - more to the point, I think, Will, is that men KNOW a lot of women have this vulnerability and shamelessly attempt to exploit it. :p It's not that hard to strum a few chords, you know? Although some of us will certainly hold out for a lot more than THAT. :wink:

I started a band to get the ladies :D I loved playing music and the violin wasn't getting me a whole lot of women (at least not yet in highschool) so after highschool I started a ska band. My wife was kind of a groupie.

Note to self, Buy guitar + carry it around college + watch the ladies swoon = Steve the love machine!!!! Yeah thats it, now i too can be a Cassanova, perhaps i will use my super geek powers to mount an MP3 player and speakers inside the guitar, replace the actual strings with fishing line, and really rock the ladies worlds. Then i could have all the chicks, get famous, and write books to other nerds on how to score with the ladies..... First i need a really cool name, how about Gavin, or Tommy Lee, or pehaps Gunner LOL. Then i can buy some leather pants and grow my hair like Scott Stipe-(Misspelled? the Creed guy), yeah and a cool tattoo, of a dragon or something. Then i can go out to the commons area, crank up the secret MP3 plater and rock some Metallica riffs or something, make weird mouth gestures like i am really into it, and the ladies will be fightin for a piece of me......

Teachers always told me i spent too much time day dreaming to be successfull in life, now i can prove them wrong, I'll let you all know how it turns out! I think i am going with Gavin.

my father never had the chance to do what i did, because he got married and had kids. so he forced me to learn all those instruments. he also taught me to play by ear, read sheet music, and compose multiple piece ensembles. it didnt get me any women, the one woman it might have got tore my heart out and walked all over it. now i wear it on my sleeve.

terri, thanks for your kind words!!! ill try to get something up on the boards for you..

manda and terri...what do i get for doing this? :oops:
:oops:
:oops:

md

Sounds great, nice job!

How was it recorded?

If you're talking to me, then we did it on pro tools filling up all 32 tracks. We actually had more but we pushed a few of the tracks down to one. For instance, we all play acoustic and electric rhythm guitar, we all take on lead type part...so that's 9 guitars there. We had a friends come in and play the violin and drums, and the tympany was done with a Roland keyboard.

Then we have 3 tracks of each of the 3 part harmonies...so there's another 9 tracks. Then we have about 12 tracks of just clapping.

Note to Havoc: Do NOT attempt to imitate the Creed guy. Creed is basically a puke band and whoever that lead singer is, is a watered down Eddie Vedder wannabe. It's horrible. Whatever you come up with on your own will outshine anything that band ever did. Go for it!!!

Matt: What will you get? That depends on the seriousness you apply to your undertaking. Make it good enough and maybe you'll see us both swoon, in the same day, even. Now, wouldn't that make it all worthwhile? Of course it would! Git crackin!

Your sad tale of the broken heart just tears me up....sniff.... it really does. I'll bet it gives your eyes a haunted expression. Buck up, chicks dig that, too! :wink: You DO owe your dad, big time, for teaching you all the basics. Nothing turns me off more than watching a "band" where they're jumping about the stage, pumping fists and spitting lyrics, and it's obvious none of them can really play their instruments. boo...hiss!!

Metro: I want to hear the cover....the evening got away from me but I promise to give it a listen!

The funniest thing Ive ever seen was Scott Stapp's arm movements in that video on the boat. At least I think there was a boat in it...

my opinion on scot stapp is that he thinks he's JESUS.

discuss...

md

and yes you and manda swooning would make my millenia

md

Well, he can't be Eddie Vedder so he may as well try the Jesus thing.... :lmao: How's that for discussion??

I can't speak for Manda, but I have to be reeeeeeally impressed before I start swooning.... you'll know if I do, trust me, k? :wink:

see i tend to swoon at many things
im a big swooner
come from a long line of swooners

you dont want to be near me during a u2/coldplay/blur/smashing pumpkins concert :love:

Most reactions

Back