do digital cameras just get cr@p?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by captain-spanky, Feb 16, 2005.

1. captain-spanky

captain-spanky TPF Noob!

i've been using an olympus C-120 for a year or two now and try as i might i just can't get it to take a photo in focus now... the quality seems to be really rubbish and grainy and unless the subject is in bright sunlight, the edges are all slightly blurred...
    I've cleaned it and cleaned it but does it need a special camera bloke to now fiddle with it? or it is time to bury it in the garden and go save up for another? :(

2. Artemis

Artemis Just Punked Himself

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think it might be time for a new one, but it is probably fixable :)

3. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sounds like a problem with the auto focus (which can occur in film cameras too). As far as getting it fixed, you have to compare the value of a 2 year old digital camera to the cost of the repair (assuming it's not under warranty?).

Modern electronics, even the high end stuff, seems to be built with a short lifespan in mind. I guess they figure everybody will be upgrading within a few years of purchase. Part of my fascination with vintage cameras is the philosophy that the designers and manufacturers had; they built their stuff to last.

4. Wondercapture

Wondercapture TPF Noob!

the same happens to my digital camera (Sony W-1). All the pictures we take are blurry, even on auto focus. We are considering returning it because we can't figure out what's wrong...