Reaction score
waasup guys
im 13 years old
i shoot i nikon d3000 that i got last week for my birthday from bestbuy
that is my first ever camera
Please tell me what i need to do to improve

i dont know how to post pictures on here so here is my flickr link
Flickr: thisisthegame's Photostream

Welcome to the forums! You have an excellent eye for composition.(how you arrange the subject you are taking a picture of to get the most attractive shots) I recommend read read read, and shot shot shot. Check out the library for sources. Read your camera's manual front to back and then back to front. But most importantly get out there and shoot. Practice makes perfect!

Welcome to the forums! You have an excellent eye for composition.(how you arrange the subject you are taking a picture of to get the most attractive shots) I recommend read read read, and shot shot shot. Check out the library for sources. Read your camera's manual front to back and then back to front. But most importantly get out there and shoot. Practice makes perfect!
:thumbup:

Great pics.

Read books, take classes and post up here c&c.

Then your on the right track. Photography books can help put what you learned about in your camera in your manual to work. Look for digital photography books if possible. A lot of books will cover topics related to film. It doesn't hurt to learn, but doesn't really apply to the basics you need to learn starting out. Check out websites such as this forum, and even youtube can be a great source for exploring new ideas and techniques. Then you actually get to see the technique put to use instead of reading about it.

classes ?
im in middle school
im planning on being the year book photographer next year

thisisthegame

One of your biggest benefits to your career is your age. You have plenty of time. Try not to learn bad habits, they take longer to break then they do to make.

Reading is good. Here are a couple of books to look at:

Understanding Exposure, Bryan Peterson

The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos, Michael Freeman

I am sure there are other good books to start with, but these are very good books with a lot of info to help you get further than you are now.

Oh yeah, remember to keep the good atitude and don't get cocky. ;)

thisisthegame
One of your biggest benefits to your career is your age. You have plenty of time. Try not to learn bad habits, they take longer to break then they do to make.

Agreed with that! Try and be honest to yourself, if you found you've been making mistakes, take the time to correct them instead of moving on, otherwise they might stick with you unnoticed. This doesn't mean going in and shooting every picture till it's perfect. But it does mean taking some time to judge your own work, get to know your weak points and strengths and learn from that...rushing through life without looking at what you're doing is just a waste of time ;-)

</end of hippie model> ;-)

And I agree that you've certainly seem to have an eye and the drive...so keep shooting and have fun...do what you love...that's the game ;-)

You might want to read up / experiment on lighting..if you know how to use the light that's available (either natural or created by you), you'll see how much easier things get :) Try getting a cheap diffuser/reflector for outside stuff and play around with that..can work magic ;-)

i'll look in to those books pbelarge has stated (next time i go to barnes & nobles)

and to
I am Ivar i have found my self catching like 10 of the same picture and deleting what is bad and keeping the top contender

also i get comments on my flikr photos without knowing what they mean
-composition
-focus
-dof

Most reactions

Back