Do I seriously need a permit? And C&C at the same time...

B sounds like the case here. Because the other security guard was interested in what I did with the pictures. Where would I get this agreement...I dont remember seeing an administration building there.

I really want to go back and take those pictures right.

Thanks gary...

I ran into this at the Santa Monica Pier shooting in the amusement park. The security guard very politely and professionally asked if I was shooting commercially. I stated no that my images were for private use. He said if that was the case to please follow him to the administration building and sign a statement affirming that my shots would not be used commercially and then I could shoot to my heart's content. While it was confrontational, it was not hostile. The security was/is very well trained at the pier.

This is a policy of the City of Santa Monica, not a federal regulation. I'd call the people who manage the mall and ask for permission to shoot from the bridge ... I seriously doubt if they have a policy similar to Santa Monica.

Gary

I ran into this at the Santa Monica Pier shooting in the amusement park. The security guard very politely and professionally asked if I was shooting commercially. I stated no that my images were for private use. He said if that was the case to please follow him to the administration building and sign a statement affirming that my shots would not be used commercially and then I could shoot to my heart's content. While it was confrontational, it was not hostile. The security was/is very well trained at the pier.

This is a policy of the City of Santa Monica, not a federal regulation. I'd call the people who manage the mall and ask for permission to shoot from the bridge ... I seriously doubt if they have a policy similar to Santa Monica.

Gary

Very true. You gave me back my hope Gary. I think it was just the "I'm a security guard...respect my AUTHORIIITYYY" type situation.

I'll be sure to remove the Barbie set radio from his ass next time.

Most reactions

Back