Do I stand a chance?

Hey elementgs,

My name is Austin and I work for www.dripbook.com. I look at professional photography portfolios everyday and I see no reason why you wouldn't stand a chance.

Your photos are really good. Yes, making money in landscape photography is difficult, but it can be done. I see really good landscape portfolios on tons of photographers' pages on our website. My advice to you would be to take the talent you have for landscapes and apply it to other things like food, fashion, beauty, and other genres of photography that companies are hiring for.

With a very diverse portfolio, you will be likely to succeed because you certainly have a knack for it.

All the best,

Austin

Food photography is a lot different to landscape you will need to be a master with studio lighting which is a different ball game to landscape

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

I'm just an amatuer, so I don't even try to sell my pictures. I think all of the OPs images in this thread are saleable. But hey, my background is computers...so zeros and ones makes sense...landscape? I look for simple shots.

But, as mentioned previously, find a niche you can fill. Depending on where you live, get 20-30 of your best shots upsized and nicely framed, and try your luck at 'sidewalk art/starving artist' types of sales. Impulse buying is what you would be trying to sell to. People see a great picture and think they have a place for it. But your prices would have to be in the $50 and under range to attract impulse buyers. Consider big flea markets as well. My brothers' brother-in-law has made a living for the past 30+ years selling merchandise at flea markets...a comfortable living, too! It's truly amazing some of the stuff that he sells out in minutes! Everything from player uniforms to name-brand gym shoes, etc. People at large flea markets (50-200 vendors/tables) buy just about anything and everything on the planet!

Last edited:
Hey elementgs,

My name is Austin and I work for www.dripbook.com. I look at professional photography portfolios everyday and I see no reason why you wouldn't stand a chance.

Your photos are really good. Yes, making money in landscape photography is difficult, but it can be done. I see really good landscape portfolios on tons of photographers' pages on our website. My advice to you would be to take the talent you have for landscapes and apply it to other things like food, fashion, beauty, and other genres of photography that companies are hiring for.

With a very diverse portfolio, you will be likely to succeed because you certainly have a knack for it.

All the best,

Austin

You wouldn't be biased towards his developing a portfolio because your company exists to host these portfolios would you?

He mentioned his name and his affiliation as a means of saying "I have some experience in this".

There was no solicitation. If he wanted to solicit the OP's business, he probably would've done that in PM.

Maybe, just maybe, he suggests developing a portfolio because developing a portfolio is a good idea...

He mentioned his name and his affiliation as a means of saying "I have some experience in this".
There was no solicitation. If he wanted to solicit the OP's business, he probably would've done that in PM.
Maybe, just maybe, he suggests developing a portfolio because developing a portfolio is a good idea...

Since you are able to see directly into this respondent's mind and read his intent, perhaps you can explain that to the mods who seem to have banned this guy for soliciting business in other threads.

Last edited:
Everyone has a chance, the same chance of winning a lottery if you buy the ticket every week. After dropping $20 a week for 20 years you'd end up being in the same place as most photographers are, deep in the hole.

Op, pretty pix. Give it a try. That will give you the answer better than we could. Either it is yes or no with the $ Good luck!

Most reactions

Back