Do not eat raw spinach!

I just saw that and I had just bought some for a salad a few days ago. I will be tossing it now.

my dad called us this morning telling my mom not to give us any spinache.. she was all like "Daniel already ate some!!"

:lol: it was pretty comical.

yeah... we threw all of it out this morning. :D

spinach = :puke:

even before being laced with E. Coli.

I can't remember the last time i bought bagged spinach, oh yeah... Never.

Hope y'all are okay!

And I have tried it only once... it is disgusting!

It is good wilted.

mmmmmm wilted spinach salad yummy!
Spinach is good in salad........

gonna be a few weeks till I buy more!

I just heard about this outbreak today. I just ate it a week ago. It was cooked so I guess I'm ok!!

......... . ....... ......

!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I feel it is the media that distorts the facts. With any kind of luck this story will fizzle fast. A lot more then 100 people will be hurt if we stop eating spinach.

Also consider that Dole and all spinach growers are stepping up to the plate to remedy the situation. The dumb ol' FDA is just issuing alerts and telling us what we already know.

craig said:
Personally I feel it is the media that distorts the facts. With any kind of luck this story will fizzle fast. A lot more then 100 people will be hurt if we stop eating spinach.

Also consider that Dole and all spinach growers are stepping up to the plate to remedy the situation. The dumb ol' FDA is just issuing alerts and telling us what we already know.

Thanks for the explanation Craig....I see your point. I for one will definately not eliminate spinach from my diet forever......but I will until we get an all clear.

chris82 said:
well if it worked for pop eye,it works for me:wav:

yes, now would be a good time to pick a fight with him, or try and move in on Olive

I'd say this is probably a more reliable page: http://www.fda.gov/oc/opacom/hottopics/spinach.html

I would probably switch to another leafy green vegetable for the time being huh? It's not like spinach is exceptionally widely consumed, compared to say, lettuce or cabbage, and there's plenty of alternatives - I doubt cutting spinach out of your diet would make any difference whatsoever (assuming you don't live on the stuff).

Rob

Most reactions

Back