Do NOT f' with the goalkeeper! ;) (warning:bloody pic)

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
I've broken a leg in a match before, I've dislocated fingers, I've been kicked unconscious for a few seconds, but this is the first time I've ever not been able to finish a match. I went out sliding to cover the ball right at the top of the 18m box, and the guy coming in on me tried to jump over me (so he says). Put his knee right into my upper lip/nose at a full run. Yeahhhh I've got a broken nose. :shock: 8) I was on my back for a second or two and before I could even roll over my entire face was dripping blood. Heh. Cripes sleeping last night SUCKED!! I had to stay on the couch and half sitting up. I can breathe through the left side this morning, but the right (the broken side, I think. Didn't go to the doc) is still swollen shut.

Anyhoo, here's me two hours or so after it happened with one of my bloody towels. I went through 3 towels before it finally clotted up. Yummy!!! :D :thumbsup: I almost feel like a hockey player!! :lol:

brokennose.jpg

My position anyway is just as violent as hockey, but with no pads. I was sitting there last night with an icepack on my schnozz and just looked at my wife and said, "at least hockey goalies get a mask." :lol:

Ouch...what good is bleeding that much if you don't get a good scar out of it? Although a crooked nose might count but that's just not as cool if you are not a hockey player or a boxer.

That was always my favorite part of playing keeper...getting to charge out and hammer the offensive player while making the save. I was never hit in the face like this though.

Hope it heals up soon.

Ouch!
I play cricket in the summer months and the rock hard ball+momentum(about 80mph)+ failing to duck/swerve out of the way=a very painful broken nose. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.

Poor ol' boy!
Enjoy healthy sports huh?

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! I hope you have a speedy recovery.

This was a rough w/e for a few of my co-workers, too. One got hit in the forehead with a softball (actually doesn't look too bad and she doesn't have a headache). The other was racing (bicycles), got a flat going downhill at 30 something MPH and crashed...she's pretty banged up with only a few stitches in her elbow. (I want to see the helmet!)

That sucks and thats sweet! The pain is never all that fun but theres something rewarding about battle wounds from sports.

I broke my big toe racing my bike this weekend. I have to walk on the left side of my foot so now I have a stress fracture on that side. Im a mess. But its still sweet! :)

Most reactions

Back